Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Damn Big power outage of the West side

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

98 to gulf Beach on Blue angel and as far north as Bauer road.. LOTS of places closed....

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 9/1/2012, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

That solar event is just beginning to hit the earth..I wonder ?

According to Gulf Power there was a problem at the Beach Haven substation which caused the outage which has affected almost 8000 customers and can take up to possibly 6 hours to repair.

I would say that 8,000 would be on the short side. It covers a large area...

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:According to Gulf Power there was a problem at the Beach Haven substation which caused the outage which has affected almost 8000 customers and can take up to possibly 6 hours to repair.

UT OH!!!!!!!!!!!! POWER GRID FAILURE!!!!

[img]Damn Big power outage of the West side 02766912[/img]

I just about got it if Eric will hold the Ladder still.
Damn Big power outage of the West side India-power-outage-tangled_57535_600x450

hallmarkgrad wrote:98 to gulf Beach on Blue angel and as far north as Bauer road.. LOTS of places closed....

We live on the west side and lost power bout 1:30p for about an hour. With no AC, the temp inside was already hitting 83*. I feel for all those that are without AC for several hours.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Quick wrap your house in tin foil...it worked on the moon....

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

daisymae2 wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:98 to gulf Beach on Blue angel and as far north as Bauer road.. LOTS of places closed....

We live on the west side and lost power bout 1:30p for about an hour. With no AC, the temp inside was already hitting 83*. I feel for all those that are without AC for several hours.

Maybe that's why my computer suddenly restarted, though our power stayed on. There wasn't any other sign of a flicker or power-surge at our house other than my PC suddenly restarting.

....Now I have to get that UPS battery changed out..... I have the battery; just have to get around to changing out the old one (7 years old...).

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Power back on at around 7:15. All is good. We need to have a talk about posting emergency information.... Looks like Gulf Power used Facebook today.

hallmarkgrad wrote:Power back on at around 7:15. All is good. We need to have a talk about posting emergency information.... Looks like Gulf Power used Facebook today.

when my power goes out I cant use my computers. I can use my iphone, so if you have a smart phone i guess fb would work

hallmarkgrad wrote:Power back on at around 7:15. All is good. We need to have a talk about posting emergency information.... Looks like Gulf Power used Facebook today.

WEAR also reported it.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

An interesting aside about Gulf Power:

A report we received from GP a few days ago stated we are using 27% less power than this time last year. The only change we have made is switching to the smart meter.

I tried to tell them it was the meter all along! Twisted Evil

PBulldog2 wrote:An interesting aside about Gulf Power:

A report we received from GP a few days ago stated we are using 27% less power than this time last year. The only change we have made is switching to the smart meter.

PB, that must have been a canned letter. I received the very same status after my analog meter was replaced with the digital meter and my power bill has gone down considerably. Though it was not that high to begin with.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:An interesting aside about Gulf Power:

PB, that must have been a canned letter. I received the very same status after my analog meter was replaced with the digital meter and my power bill has gone down considerably. Though it was not that high to begin with.

Could have been. However, we get letters often from GP telling us we are using more power than all of our neighbors. It includes a graph.

This is the first letter we've received that said we are using 27% less power than last year. It had a graph displaying our power use throughout the year.

I went 'round and 'round with GP this time last year because our bill was soooo high. We were also having frequent brownouts at the house. They did a three-day test on the meter, declared it fine, and then replaced it a couple of months later with the smart meter. We now have very few brownouts, and our power usage is way down.

Switching meters is the only change we've made.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum