Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is for Seaoat

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1This is for Seaoat Empty This is for Seaoat 10/10/2014, 10:33 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:frightened scardy cats locked in their homes behind burglar doors...

Seaoat,

This is a photo of my directly across the street neighbor's home.
As you can see,  he not only has burglar bar doors (like me),  but he also has burglar bars on all his windows...

This is for Seaoat Neighb10

Number one,  he doesn't have those burglar bars on his doors and windows because he's a white racist.  He's not white,  he's black.

And secondly,  he's not a scaredy cat locked in his home behind burglar bars.  Just as I'm not locked in my home behind burglar bars.
We don't lock our burglar doors when we're inside the home.  We don't do that for the simple reason that burglar doors have double deadbolts on them.  That means if you're inside the house and a fire starts,  you have to take the additional step of unlocking a burglar door to get OUT of the home.  And if you're asleep at night when a fire starts,  a locked burglar door can make the difference between dying or not dying in a fire.

We lock the burglar doors ONLY WHEN WE AINT HOME.  Why?  Because it's when we are not home is when we are most vulnerable to burglary.  Duh!

It has not one goddamn thing to do with racism or being a "scaredy cat".
It has EVERYTHING to do with him and me both wanting to do something simple to help prevent us from being burglarized.  Because believe it or not,  there IS such a thing as burglary.  And when you can do something simple to help prevent being victimized by it,  why not do that?  
Why is it smarter to brag about having your door be easy for anyone to unlock from the outside (as you did in a post yesterday)?  

There is a difference between bravery and foolishness which you seem to have some difficulty in comprehending.

2This is for Seaoat Empty Re: This is for Seaoat 10/10/2014, 10:51 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I should add one thing.  I didn't go to any expense to add the three burglar doors to my home.

Two of the three were bought at one yard sale for ten bucks each.  The sale had about a half dozen burglar doors.  I went home and measured my door frames and and went back and discovered two of the six were a perfect fit.  
I found the third one sitting behind an antique mall on T Street and bought it for $25 which was a perfect fit for my third door.  This one was brand new and still in the packaging from Home Depot.  It's a modern steel burglar door that is actually more attractive than the door behind it.

I wirebrushed and slapped a coat of paint on the two used doors (the new one of course didn't need it),  and it took me about a half hour to install each door.  It aint rocket science.

So for less than a hundred dollars,  I have burglar doors on all three doors.
You don't have to spend bookoodles of money to have things.

Additionally, I did not have screen doors on my home and wanted some.
The burglar doors accomplished that for me too.  I went to the home store and bought enough screening to cover the doors (it's dirt cheap) and attached the screening myself.
So now I have screen doors on my entrances too so when the weather is perfect like it was over the last week or so,  I can keep my doors open and enjoy the nice breeze that blows through.  
If I was a "scaredy cat" like you say,  I would not have unlocked screen doors when I'm at home now would I?

3This is for Seaoat Empty Re: This is for Seaoat 10/10/2014, 10:59 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:So now I have screen doors on my entrances too so when the weather is perfect like it was over the last week or so,  I can keep my doors open and enjoy the nice breeze that blows through.  
If I was a "scaredy cat" like you say,  I would not have unlocked screen doors when I'm at home now would I?

Life in the fast lane! Surely makes you lose your mind.

4This is for Seaoat Empty Re: This is for Seaoat 10/10/2014, 11:10 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

Life in the fast lane!  Surely makes you lose your mind.

When Glenn Frey conceived that song lyric, he was riding on an LA freeway with a drug dealer known as "The Count". Frey asked the dealer to slow down and the response was, "What do you mean? It's life in the fast lane!"

Believe me, life in my LA "fast lane" (lower alabama) is not as fast as that in the other LA. Thank God for that. lol

5This is for Seaoat Empty Re: This is for Seaoat 10/10/2014, 11:13 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Although I do live in a neighborhood which does resemble South Central LA. But I happen to like it because the property taxes are so low.  lol

6This is for Seaoat Empty Re: This is for Seaoat 10/10/2014, 11:54 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

You DO NOT owe Seaoat or anyone else an explanation for what you do, what you have, or how you live. Seaoat survives on preconceived notions...based on his false ideas. He loves to project.

7This is for Seaoat Empty Re: This is for Seaoat 10/10/2014, 12:35 pm

2seaoat

We all have fears. When fears are manipulated by politics and government bad things happen. I must admit I see things that others do not. A gift or a curse it is what it is. I see fear. I see the manipulations of those fears. It is not by accident that Chertoff has decided that a Syrian town is critical to America, or Butchmeup is afraid that Muslims will kill ALL of us......., or that Joannie thinks buses with children should be stopped.

Simple fears.....and when called out........machismo and anger........and so it goes. Rational fear should be respected as the realm of reason, but irrational fear is the key for despots.

8This is for Seaoat Empty Re: This is for Seaoat 10/10/2014, 4:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:We all have fears.   When fears are manipulated by politics and government bad things happen.  I must admit I see things that others do not.  A gift or a curse it is what it is.  I see fear.   I see the manipulations of those fears.  It is not by accident that Chertoff has decided that a Syrian town is critical to America, or Butchmeup is afraid that Muslims will kill ALL of us......., or that Joannie thinks buses with children should be stopped.

Simple fears.....and when called out........machismo and anger........and so it goes.  Rational fear should be respected as the realm of reason, but irrational fear is the key for despots.

You see things that you think might be true but in reality they usually are not. Speculation with out knowledge.

9This is for Seaoat Empty Re: This is for Seaoat 10/11/2014, 12:05 pm

Seaoat likes in his dream world

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum