Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Islam A Religion of Peace?

+4
Hospital Bob
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
The Dude
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

16Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Pace dog twins 10/12/2014, 11:04 am

The Dude

The Dude

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Nothing will change in the Muslim world until moderate Muslims stand up for themselves and others in relation to their violent 20-25%.

Yes while President Obama estimates 5 percent of Muslims are extremists the Pell is closer to 25 percent.

Nowhere in the Bible is the command to destroy Infidels an open ended command. In the Old Testwment Israel was at war. The commands from Yawheh only extended to those temporal events. This is not true for the Koran.

Any literal reading of Jesus' teachings cannot be construed to condone killing his enemies as infidels, yet this is exactly what Muhammed teaches throughout the Koran.

In any literal reading of the Koran lteaches killing anyone who disagrees with Muhammed most especially Jews and Christians by beheadings crucifixion etc.

There is no such thing as an Islamic seminary etc there are as many variations of Islam as there are Muslims.

In the end the Koran is a book penned by a psychopath to get his own earthly treasures including rape sodomy and murder.,....

Islam is a religion of hate and violence.

17Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/12/2014, 12:32 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The Dude wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Nothing will change in the Muslim world until moderate Muslims stand up for themselves and others in relation to their violent 20-25%.

Yes while President Obama estimates 5 percent of Muslims are extremists the Pell is closer to 25 percent.

Nowhere in the Bible is the command to destroy Infidels an open ended command. In the Old Testwment Israel was at war. The commands from Yawheh only extended to those temporal events. This is not true for the Koran.

Any literal reading of Jesus' teachings cannot be construed to condone killing his enemies as infidels, yet this is exactly what Muhammed teaches throughout the Koran.

In any literal reading of the Koran lteaches killing anyone who disagrees with Muhammed most especially Jews and Christians by beheadings crucifixion etc.

"literal reading".  

I love that term.  Anything written in these religious texts which is found to be unacceptable,  is explained away by saying it means something other than what is actually written.

Either he turned the water into wine or he didn't.  There is no such thing as "we're not supposed to believe he actually did it,  but in the story he did."
Either he did or he didn't.  Any other option would be the Oliver Stone school of reporting.
Just like a "literal reading" of all the Quran verses which spell out Allah wwanting us to kill all non-muslims. He either orders it or he doesn't. There is no creative license to apply to this. And the words say he did.

18Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Correct 10/12/2014, 1:13 pm

The Dude

The Dude

Correct Bob. Notice whenever someone wants to defend the Koran it is always attempted to put it into a "contextual setting" be that historical allegorical etc.
The only reason any Muslim is not killing anyone who. Disagrees wih him or her is that they are ignoring major parts of the Koran.

19Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/12/2014, 4:58 pm

2seaoat

Christian terrorists horrified this country for a century, and they found textual basis in the bible, and great sympathy from certain geographic areas of this country. Do we need to attack the bible or the Koran to understand the actions of the extremist and terrorists? A simple No. Most Christians do not approve of the acts of Christian terrorists, nor do they agree with their interpretations of the bible. Most Muslims that I personally know do not approve of acts of Islamic terrorist, nor do they agree with their interpretations of the Koran. Context is all we have.

20Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/12/2014, 6:24 pm

The Dude

The Dude

2seaoat wrote:Christian terrorists horrified this country for a century, and they found textual basis in the bible, and great sympathy from certain geographic areas of this country.  Do we need to attack the bible or the Koran to understand the actions of the extremist and terrorists?  A simple No.  Most Christians do not approve of the acts of Christian terrorists, nor do they agree with their interpretations of the bible.  Most Muslims that I personally know do not approve of acts of Islamic terrorist, nor do they agree with their interpretations of the Koran.   Context is all we have.

No one is attacking the Koran just reading it. And YES you have to READ the the Koran to understand their actions which they consider and ARE in fact consistent with the teachings of Muhammed. 25 percent of the Muslim population are quite a number of people who read the Koran literally. it's fairly incredible to think that anyone would defend Muhammed's own actions.

However for someone who has been on death's door for 10 years well I need your secret Sea Oat cheers

21Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/12/2014, 6:44 pm

2seaoat

However for someone who has been on death's door for 10 years well I need your secret Sea Oat cheers

Seven years battling cancer and now losing, I am happy to accept muslim, Christian, and anybody who prays.......do I believe the text literally.....nope. Have I ever met a Muslim who was wild eyed, radical, and cruel. No. I have only met gentle kind people who are persecuted. Have I met radical Christians, yes......but I do not judge Christianity by the nuts.....no. I can find text within the bible which is hard to take literally, but my faith remains.

The idea that a particular religion has a bad idea is not exclusive to any religion, nor does it condemn all religion.

22Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/12/2014, 6:48 pm

by 2seaoat Today at 4:58 pm
Christian terrorists horrified this country for a century, and they found textual basis in the bible, and great sympathy from certain geographic areas of this country. Do we need to attack the bible or the Koran to understand the actions of the extremist and terrorists? A simple No. Most Christians do not approve of the acts of Christian terrorists, nor do they agree with their interpretations of the bible. Most Muslims that I personally know do not approve of acts of Islamic terrorist, nor do they agree with their interpretations of the Koran. Context is all we have
------
Show me a Muslim making a public appeal to his violent counterparts. I don't want to hear that your poker playing Muslim friends are against this violence unless they are going to do something about it.

23Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/12/2014, 7:06 pm

2seaoat

Show me a Muslim making a public appeal to his violent counterparts. I don't want to hear that your poker playing Muslim friends are against this violence unless they are going to do something about it.

They are simply living the American dream raising their families. You make it sound like every American is facing a risk from Muslims. That is crazy talk. It would be like saying a church in Milton needs to control the Christian terrorists in Idaho.

24Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Muslim apologist 10/12/2014, 7:10 pm

The Dude

The Dude

If you watched the debate Sea Oat you would have listened to the greatest Muslim apologist I know of today. He agrees with everything I posted except that you must contextualizing the writings of The Koran. He will not defend even Muhammed. Muslims have decided to see themselves as the trodden underfoot whithout understanding it is their very belief system responsible not Christians Atheists Agnostics Or Jews.

Pacedog number 1 and 2 is correct, although some Muslims are speaking out the numbers are extraordinarily small. Thst speaks volumes in itself

25Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/12/2014, 7:22 pm

2seaoat

Modernity tempers religion.

26Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/12/2014, 7:50 pm

Silence is complicity. Nuf said. If they had any balls they would be taking back Iraq and Syria.

27Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/12/2014, 8:07 pm

2seaoat

Silence is complicity. Nuf said. If they had any balls they would be taking back Iraq and Syria.

Who is they? Take back from where?

28Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Duh 10/12/2014, 8:50 pm

The Dude

The Dude

2seaoat wrote:Silence is complicity. Nuf said. If they had any balls they would be taking back Iraq and Syria.

Who is they?  Take back from where?

I think he means all,the "moderate" Muslims Sea Oat.....you know the 95 percent that don't agree with radical Islam......seems like overwhelming numbers to me? Unless........

29Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/12/2014, 8:53 pm

The Dude

The Dude

2seaoat wrote:Modernity tempers religion.

You must be kidding

30Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/12/2014, 9:11 pm

2seaoat

You must be kidding

By golly in one generation it has in America. Hobby Lobby being closed on Sunday is the exception, and no longer the rule.

31Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/13/2014, 8:16 am

Seaoat,
Then explain the Tsarnevs who set off bombs at the Boston Marathon,????

32Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/13/2014, 8:17 am

Then explain Major Hassan at Ft Hood?

33Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/13/2014, 8:17 am

Explain the asshat who beheaded a woman at work in. Oklahoma two weeks ago.

34Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/13/2014, 10:03 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Th Dude wrote:It would wind up alot cheaper to hook up internet and give every muslim an ipad... the repression and isolation are the enemy.

I used to believe the same thing,  Dude.  I thought surely when people get access to the information superhighway,  the human condition will improve.

But the most ironic and depressing thing has happened.  As more and more people in the United States,  and now it's virtually everyone,  got access to all this information,  the masses seem to be just as dumb as they were before.  Go figure.
Not to mention that a great many people in the middle east are now on the internet.  And yes apparently that has contributed to the advent of an "arab spring".  Mainly because the people are now connected to each other.
But it's debatable whether the arab spring has led to anything better than what they had before.
And remember that most all of those violent muslims are also now on the internet with their hate websites and hate blogs.  That access to the information superhighway has connected them together too.  And rather than it making them any smarter,  it just seems to have given them another place to rally the hate and violence of a sadistic religion.

There's another group that apparently hasn't improved much in the smarts department, Bob.

35Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/13/2014, 11:14 am

2seaoat

Seaoat,
Then explain the Tsarnevs who set off bombs at the Boston Marathon,????

forty people are murdered a day in America and each of those murders have an explanation.

36Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/13/2014, 11:31 am

Random acts of unkindness?

37Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/13/2014, 11:49 am

2seaoat

Random acts of unkindness?

Mostly not. Gangs have ideology and definition.

38Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/13/2014, 12:29 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Be sure not to serve any pizza with sausage or pepperoni on it to muslim pokers players. They'll want the veggie pizza.

39Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/13/2014, 12:44 pm

2seaoat

Be sure not to serve any pizza with sausage or pepperoni on it to muslim pokers players. They'll want the veggie pizza.

How many Friday fish fries did you endure as a kid because of religious beliefs. At my school we had fish on Fridays in the cafeteria, and my parents would go to the VFW fish fry every friday, and I took my kids to the legion friday fish fry......its funny when catholic dietary restrictions become part of our culture, but then again catholics look like you and I......they are not the boogey man. A veggie pizza is a communist plot.

40Is Islam A Religion of Peace? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Islam A Religion of Peace? 10/13/2014, 5:46 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:   A veggie pizza is a communist plot.

Actually I'm with the muslims on this one.  I really like the "veggie delight" at Papa Murphys.  
I just wish they'd cook the damn thing for me.  When Allah (peace be with him) gave us pizza he never intended for us to have to cook the thing at home.
If he had he wouldna also give us the commercial pizza oven.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum