Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A pitbull attacked my dog tonight

+5
Sal
Snyderfish
Joanimaroni
QueenOfHearts
Vikingwoman
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

What's next?

Vikingwoman

Well, I am going back down to animal control today and pulling the history of the dog and well as my own and asking to meet w/ the director to discuss why the dog did not get a dangerous dog ticket. Fl statutes state a dog can be cited for that if he approaches in a threatening manner to any human or other animal. I got affidavits yesterday and plan to get the neighbors who saw the pitt roaming the streets as well as the grandmother who the dog chased w/ the child. I am going to give the officer the "past issues" so she can address them. I spoke w/ the owner on the phone and she agreed to pay the vet bill in payments and was going to call me back after she spoke w/ her boyfriend. She agreed to pay when I told her I would have to sue her and the landlord. The owner just got off probation for drug dealing. She never called me back so I called the realty and told them the situation and that I was going to have to sue their tenant and the landlord who lives in Jacksonville. I don't know if the realty knew she had pitbulls but they do now. They told me to fax the bill and reports to them.

Just for FYI, you can do a dangerous dog affidavit and ask for hearing before the county commissioner, risk manager and director of the animal control if they do nothing about an animal who has attacked.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:Well, I am going back down to animal control today and pulling the history of the dog and well as my own and asking to meet w/ the director to discuss why the dog did not get a dangerous dog ticket. Fl statutes state a dog can be cited for that if he approaches in a threatening manner to any human or other animal. I got affidavits yesterday and plan to get the neighbors who saw the pitt roaming the streets as well as the grandmother who the dog chased w/ the child. I am going to give the officer the "past issues" so she can address them. I spoke w/ the owner on the phone and she agreed to pay the vet bill in payments and was going to call me back after she spoke w/ her boyfriend. She agreed to pay when I told her I would have to sue her and the landlord. The owner just got off probation for drug dealing. She never called me back so I called the realty and told them the situation and that I was going to have to sue their tenant and the landlord who lives in Jacksonville. I don't know if the realty knew she had pitbulls but they do now. They told me to fax the bill and reports to them.

Just for FYI, you can do a dangerous dog affidavit and ask for hearing before the county commissioner, risk manager and director of the animal control if they do nothing about an animal who has attacked.

What I said before.....if you do not get anywhere with animal control contact the county attorney and county commissioners. If you create enough stink you will get action. If not they will sweep it under the rug.

Vikingwoman

I am not getting anywhere w/ animal control. In fact, after the officer said the woman was getting a citation I went down to pull the history and the notes said she spoke w/ the grandmother who originally let the pit out and she verified I was standing in her yard. So the animal control officer decided the dog was protecting his property and didn't issue her a ticket. WTF!

I then decided to get affidavits of the pitbull roaming because animal control said there were no reports of the dog getting out. I found an elderly couple who last
year in Oct. were stopped by animal control warning them both pits were out and they were looking for them. The notes indicated there was a contact in Oct. 2013 but no notes as to why the contact was made or any report of the dogs getting out.Only a sentence indicating one of the dogs was not vaccinated. Due to their poor documentation there is no record of the dogs roaming or even the call! I am so disgusted by the incompetent quality of work done by the SRC animal control.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:I am not getting anywhere w/ animal control. In fact, after the officer said the woman was getting a citation I went down to pull the history and the notes said she spoke w/ the grandmother who originally let the pit out and she verified I was standing in her yard. So the animal control officer decided the dog was protecting his property and didn't issue her a ticket. WTF!

I then decided to get affidavits of the pitbull roaming because animal control said there were no reports of the dog getting out. I found an elderly couple who last
year in Oct. were stopped by animal control warning them both pits were out and they were looking for them. The notes indicated there was a contact in Oct. 2013 but no notes as to why the contact was made or any report of the dogs getting out.Only a sentence indicating one of the dogs was not vaccinated. Due to their poor documentation there is no record of the dogs roaming or even the call! I am so disgusted by the incompetent quality of work done by the SRC animal control.

Gather all your information and schedule a meeting with your commissioner regarding the incompetence of animal control. Get statements from neighbors including the neighbor that saw you in the street, tell the commissioner you will be contacting the county attorney.

A dog running in the street to protect his property....give me a fucking break!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum