Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you really think the beach is safe?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Thank you BP.......they are still denying any danger, and they are fighting paying people with real health problems.

http://www.pnj.com/media/cinematic/video/16480179/

I do feel the beach is safe. I understand those who came in direct contact with the chemicals used to clean up the oil may have been affected.  I also know lawyers can turn any situation into a money making machine.  The list of "improvements" coming from the BP settlement is over the top ridiculous and an abuse - a bad situation made more evil. If workers have medical issues give that money to them...not for improvements to the three FL counties barely affected.

I won't even charge .02 for this comment.

2seaoat

a bad situation made more evil. If workers have medical issues give that money to them...not for improvements to the three FL counties barely affected.

Total agreement to give the workers more, and I would have rather have had all the money put in an interest bearing investment which could be used in the future for people who were breathing the Gulf mist and continue to do the same. I think you are probably right with short exposures to the Gulf, but as exposures increase the health risks expand. I was watching Bill Maher last night and a guest on the show who had written a book said half the species in the world are gone in the last forty years........we have really screwed the pooch.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote: half the species in the world are gone in the last forty years........we have really screwed the pooch.

Over half.

52% to be precise.

And, the wingnutz think we have no effect on our environment ...

... because volcanoes ...

... or something.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

From WEAR TV3

A board made up of representatives from the five Gulf Coast states and the Federal Government signed off, October 3rd, on plans to spend 627 million dollars of BP oil spill money.

The cash comes from a 1-billion dollar down payment BP has already paid for environmental restoration.

It's the third and largest  installment of money to fund 44 restoration projects along the Gulf.

Officials approved more than 105 million dollars for the State of Florida, including millions for the counties of Northwest Florida.

Okaloosa County will get 14.8 million dollars for two projects.
10.2 million will go to the Norriego Point Restoration project
And 4.6 million will go to the habitat restoration around Ft. Walton Beach.

Santa Rosa County will receive more than 16 and a half million dollars for six projects.    
They include restoring Gulf Islands National Seashore, and a number of restoration and improvement projects on Navarre Beach.

And Escambia County is in line for more than 36 million for six projects.
A majority of the money will go towards the Pensacola Bay living shoreline project, the Fish Hatchery project near Sanders Beach, and the ferry project.

Sal wrote:
2seaoat wrote: half the species in the world are gone in the last forty years........we have really screwed the pooch.

Over half.

52% to be precise.

... or something.

99.9% of all species to have ever existed on earth are extinct.

But don't fret and worry ya big babies... I'm sure a govt solution is in the works.

2seaoat

Yes an astroid hitting earth has that effect, but it is good for you to give a false equivalency regarding man's damage to the environment to minimize the BPs in this world who freely abuse our environment without cursory regulations which they barely are able to comply.......you know.....no function for government here.

Vikingwoman

Th Dude wrote:
Sal wrote:

Over half.

52% to be precise.

... or something.

But don't fret and worry ya big babies... I'm sure a govt solution is in the works.

I sure hope so! The thought of all you individual crackpots making your own decisions is enough to send everyone over the cliffs.

Vikingwoman wrote:
Th Dude wrote:
Sal wrote:

Over half.

52% to be precise.

... or something.

I sure hope so! The thought of all you individual crackpots making your own decisions is enough to send everyone over the cliffs.

It's amazing that you think a decision by an individual that causes you no harm is any of your damn business.

How does a person come to that position? It's closer to a personality disorder than an ideology. Don't tread on me.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Over half.

52% to be precise.

... or something.

Please show your link to this information from a RELIABLE source.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Thank you BP.......they are still denying any danger, and they are fighting paying people with real health problems.

http://www.pnj.com/media/cinematic/video/16480179/

Simply because someone is ill does not indicate the cause. Much as you hate it, BP too has to be protected from scam artists.

Just look at massive growth in people now claiming Social Security Disability beyond anything we ever had. There are law firms who do nothing else but SSI disability claims and have doctors on their own staff.

2seaoat

So the poison submerged in the Gulf and the sick individuals who have had contact with the same are faking it........I am glad you are rationalizing BP's damage to people and our environment. Evil is definable.

Vikingwoman wrote:

I sure hope so! The thought of all you individual crackpots making  your own decisions is enough to send everyone over the cliffs.

Do you really think the beach is safe? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEt3IMHVl8i8GoDZYU4T3RRPohJPhbqdm1PlMvSM9Wuhz0Tdrv4A

Yes I'm sure that terrifies you immensely...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=336qJITnDi0

Smile

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:So the poison submerged in the Gulf and the sick individuals who have had contact with the same are faking it........I am glad you are rationalizing BP's damage to people and our environment.  Evil is definable.

Since the BP disaster, how many times has the Gulf of Mexico been changed?

If you don't believe that many of the claims, especially recent ones, are faking, you also believe in unicorns.

2seaoat

How many millions of children in ten years are going to be adversely impacted by the poison, and you rationalize a corporation who poisoned our gulf coast with pure negligence by arguing some will fake claims......evil is definable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum