Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grateful kid receives a chopping board as a gift

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Awww... what a good boy. That sort of appreciation is becoming extinct today... sadly.

knothead

knothead

Very very touching . . . . sincerity in spades. What I saw is a little boy who is accustomed to living in a household with very limited resources and is the beneficiary of a loving parent who sacrificed much to put a smile on his face and a glow in his heart . . . . it did that for me!

boards of FL

boards of FL

I read a translation of the video on another site that said the card on the second package said something to the effect of "Now you won't have to glue your shoes anymore", sort of suggesting that the boy regularly repairs his old worn out shoes by gluing the soles back together. It was meant as a way of throwing him off track as to what was actually in the shoe box.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Kid: oh, wooden board! (smile)

Dad: what does it say?

Kid: it's nice, it is to put meat on it and cut it with a knife. now i'm only missing a fork.

Dad: yes, but what does the card say?

Kid: I've reaid it already, "for you to eat barbecue with your knife. we love you alot. mom and dad". Thanks!

Mom: you can use any fork (hug) I love you.

-other gift

Dad: what does it say?

Kid: for you to not use Poxiran any longer (Poxiran: glue commonly used to glue sneakers). Sneakers!...I won't have to use Poxiran...

Then he sees the tablet

knothead

knothead

boards of FL wrote:I read a translation of the video on another site that said the card on the second package said something to the effect of "Now you won't have to glue your shoes anymore", sort of suggesting that the boy regularly repairs his old worn out shoes by gluing the soles back together.  It was meant as a way of throwing him off track as to what was actually in the shoe box.

Well my instincts seem to have hit the mark then . . . . what a sweet kid!
Thanks for posting something 'uplifting' . . . .

I think what I liked best was the first present being something that he probably wasn't dreaming for... but he was still thankful.

My parents did that to me one xmas... I had asked for a ten speed... which were relatively new then. I got clothes and small stuff... but no bike. I was still very thankful and really didn't think twice about not getting it... they were expensive for a bike then. After we had cleaned up and eaten a bike ride was suggested... we went to the garage and there was a ten speed where my old bike was... I was floored. Nice memory... and a good lesson.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:I think what I liked best was the first present being something that he probably wasn't dreaming for... but he was still thankful.

My parents did that to me one xmas... I had asked for a ten speed... which were relatively new then. I got clothes and small stuff... but no bike. I was still very thankful and really didn't think twice about not getting it... they were expensive for a bike then. After we had cleaned up and eaten a bike ride was suggested... we went to the garage and there was a ten speed where my old bike was... I was floored. Nice memory... and a good lesson.

Great memory pkr . . . thanks for sharing it.

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:Awww... what a good boy. That sort of appreciation is becoming extinct today... sadly.

So true. Where I still see it most often is in Asian and Indian families.

Markle wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Awww... what a good boy. That sort of appreciation is becoming extinct today... sadly.

So true. Where I still see it most often is in Asian and Indian families.

Mexican and central americans too... as we advance we seem to lose something too.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Beautiful video. Thanks for posting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum