Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uverse

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Uverse Empty Uverse 7/23/2014, 9:35 am

dumpcare

Any of you with U-verse as internet and cable have any less or more problems than you did with either mediacom or cox?

2Uverse Empty Re: Uverse 7/23/2014, 12:57 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I had uverse several years ago. At that time I experienced dropouts with the uverse DVR. In other words every once in a while while I was watching television, the DVR would have a meltdown and I would have to reboot it to get tv again. It wouldn't have been so bad if it rebooted quickly but it didn't.
Many DVR's take longer than a PC to reboot. So I missed large chunks of whatever I was watching on tv.
So two years ago I switched from uverse to DirecTV for tv and Cox for internet.

Over time I got tired of losing the DirecTV satellite signal when it rained, and then finally Cox kicked me off the internet for copyright infringement, so two months ago I switched back to uverse for both tv and cable again.
So far it's been working well with one exception. Shortly after they installed it, I experienced an outage in my area which lasted 12 hours. But that was the only one and I haven't had any glitches since (knock on wood) so hopefully that was a fluke. Time will tell.

3Uverse Empty Re: Uverse 7/23/2014, 3:42 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Well...... Back in March 2014, this young guy was going door-to door in our neighborhood, hocking ATT U Verse. He was so charming that he found a way to smarm his way into Z's house, and after about 30 minutes of sales pitches, Z and his lovely wife decided to get ATT UVerse and ditch Cox. We have a package for TV, VOIP phone, and Internet. It costs about $192 per month.

Now, here is the kicker. We decided to keep Cox Cable Internet (dropping TV) for at least a month so we could compare the two Internet sources. Then, my wife found she was too far away from the ATT router to get a good signal. The salesman had pitched that the signal would go out to 180 feet, and she is about 25 feet from the ATT router, though the signal must go through a wall to get to her computer. She would not let me get rid of Cox. But, my daughter got the ATT signal stronger, since she was closer to the ATT router than the Cox router-so she uses he ATT.

The bottom line is, we still have Cox Internet plus the ATT U Verse Internet and will probably eventually try and drop U Verse Internet but keep U Verse phone and TV. Previously, we had Cox for TV and Internet and ATT for our landline. With U Verse for Phone/TV/Internet and keeping Cox for Internet, we still come out ahead moneywise, but only by about $20 per month.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

4Uverse Empty Re: Uverse 7/23/2014, 3:45 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:I had uverse several years ago.  At that time I experienced dropouts with the uverse DVR.  In other words every once in a while while I was watching television,  the DVR would have a meltdown and I would have to reboot it to get tv again.  It wouldn't have been so bad if it rebooted quickly but it didn't.
Many DVR's take longer than a PC to reboot.  So I missed large chunks of whatever I was watching on tv.
So two years ago I switched from uverse to DirecTV for tv and Cox for internet.

Over time I got tired of losing the DirecTV satellite signal when it rained,  and then finally Cox kicked me off the internet for copyright infringement,  so two months ago I switched back to uverse for both tv and cable again.
So far it's been working well with one exception.  Shortly after they installed it,  I experienced an outage in my area which lasted 12 hours.  But that was the only one and I haven't had any glitches since (knock on wood) so hopefully that was a fluke.  Time will tell.

I can't imagine, being banned by Cox....... You must have done something really naughty, Bob.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

5Uverse Empty Re: Uverse 7/23/2014, 5:27 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

[color=#333399]I can't imagine, being banned by Cox....... You must have done something really naughty, Bob.

I put up a thread about it to warn others. I downloaded three torrent movies on a thursday night. The next night I downloaded one more. Very shortly after that they killed my internet connection.
I have a friend in Santa Rosa County who's been doing it on mediacom for a while. He's received five nasty letters telling him they're turning him over to the copyright police and he better cease and desist breaking the law. But so far they aint cut him off.
Cox cut me off after four movies.

6Uverse Empty Re: Uverse 7/23/2014, 8:50 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I have Uverse and phone with ATT for several years. The only problems I had was cramming and billing........charges were all over the place and constant upgrades and equipment sent when I complained.....I got it straightened out by filing an FCC and consumer complaint. I pay $60.00 a month.

7Uverse Empty Re: Uverse 7/23/2014, 9:58 pm

dumpcare

Thanks for all the reply's.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum