Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ten years posting on the PNJ and here.....Ivan to the new tropical storm

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
dumpcare
knothead
2seaoat
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/story/weather/2014/07/21/weather-system-atlantic/12972015/

The forum always worked best after a H. It was very helpful to get information after Ivan and the breakdown in the old PNJ forum by community was great. People helping people. The PNJ did a great job during those two years helping people who needed resources. I am still thankful for the suggestions after Ivan and Dennis. Hopefully, we can luck out this summer and avoid what made the PNJ work the best.....a bad forum is better than a bad hurricane.

knothead

knothead

I'll take the bad forum if you please . . . Ivan was a nightmare for so many!

dumpcare

I first joined the old forum right after Ivan to get information. It was very helpful to everyone. You could find out info about your neighborhood before you came back to town.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I didn't start posting until the summer of 2006.... I have been in the thick of things ever since--sparring with wingnuts for now for 5 election cycles.....  Razz

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Most of the wingnuts simply gave up.......logic and truth are like turning the lights on in that college kitchen in the house where you partied all night......the cockroaches scramble unable to take light or heat in the kitchen.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Most of the wingnuts simply gave up.......logic and truth are like turning the lights on in that college kitchen in the house where you partied all night......the cockroaches scramble unable to take light or heat in the kitchen.

cheers cheers 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Oh my!

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Most of the wingnuts simply gave up.......logic and truth are like turning the lights on in that college kitchen in the house where you partied all night......the cockroaches scramble unable to take light or heat in the kitchen.

Agreed. If you're trying to shield yourself from objective reality, this forum probably isn't a good place to be.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Reading posts from right wing thinkers has given me insight into their thinking or lack of it. I find it important to correct and enlighten readers who may not question statements that are presented as being "true".

Just today I was rewarded on my FaceBook page. Someone had posted a cut and paste claiming that some schools in the US were no longer reciting the pledge of allegiance to the flag. I just asked where these schools were. The person did some research and said he couldn't find any evidence.

As I keep saying, there is enough to be upset about in the real world without making things up just to rile people and keep them in a perpetual state of agitation.

no stress

no stress

Kinda sux agreeing amongst yourselves doesn't it. Sometimes a differing point of view is enlightening as well as entertaining. Now all thats LEFT here is a circle jerk.

boards of FL

boards of FL

no stress wrote:Kinda sux agreeing amongst yourselves doesn't it.   Sometimes a differing point of view is enlightening as well as entertaining.   Now all thats LEFT here is a circle jerk.

I can't help the fact that our forum GOP supporters now prefer to run and cower in Guest-land.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

no stress wrote:Kinda sux agreeing amongst yourselves doesn't it.   Sometimes a differing point of view is enlightening as well as entertaining.   Now all thats LEFT here is a circle jerk.

Looks as if we have nearly the same group of people posting opinions from the right: Markle, Pacedog, Vectorman, gatorfan, Pkrbum, Damaged Eagle, and perhaps a few others might consider themselves right wing, have posted in the last day or two. Hardly an echo chamber.

Yes, it would be NO FUN if we didn't get the input of the wingers. Seriously, their point of view reflects the thinking of millions of Americans as do the views of the liberals here. It is good to have a place to discuss things.

2seaoat

It is like the feeble Washington Generals playing the Globe Trotters......you need the wingnuts to call it a game......otherwise its not half as fun.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:

I can't help the fact that our forum GOP supporters now prefer to run and cower in Guest-land.  

No, they are all over at the Everyday Pensacola Forum, ranting and raving like they did here before they either left or were banned (that is where Chrissy has set up shop now).

boards of FL

boards of FL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

No, they are all over at the Everyday Pensacola Forum, ranting and raving like they did here before they either left or were banned (that is where Chrissy has set up shop now).

I see.  

I suppose isolation in a non-publicly-viewable forum is one way of maintaining the perceived legitimacy of their arguments.  That certainly affords them the freedom of spouting whatever nonsensical bullshit that they like...free of any challenge.  

In a sense, their convergence on this alternate, private forum is sort of like a collective tin foil hat for our forum GOP supporters.  There, they can all gather together and repost FWD: bullshit that finds its way to their inbox, and they can consume it and believe it to be real with no voice of reason or common sense among them to tell them otherwise.

Ten years posting on the PNJ and here.....Ivan to the new tropical storm 220px-ManWearingTinFoilHat

Dum dum dum dum dum!

no stress

no stress

Pontificating about it wont change the facts bro. Its either a thread with z and sal sucking on seaoats knob or FT having another psychotic break and bashing Bush or somebody else posting a left wingnut post and yet another circle jerk begins. Kinda sad what it has devolved to actually.

boards of FL

boards of FL

no stress wrote:Pontificating about it wont change the facts bro. Its either a thread with z and sal sucking on seaoats knob or FT having another psychotic break and bashing Bush or somebody else posting a left wingnut post and yet another circle jerk begins.  Kinda sad what it has devolved to actually.

Here again, I cannot help the fact that our forum GOP supporters have chosen to cower in Guest-land.

And you're right, talking about their exodus will not make them any smarter, nor will it grow them a backbone.  

For some, reality is simply too harsh.  Some people need to be sheltered.

To the GOP supporters! (toasts)

no stress

no stress

I did notice that an unnamed previous pnj poster put this forum address up on a facebook group devoted to escambia politics. Maybe we will get a few more folks.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Who? Where?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Its either a thread with z and sal sucking on seaoats knob or FT having another psychotic break and bashing Bush or somebody else posting a left wingnut post and yet another circle jerk begins.

Hell yes! At least I didn't go off and change my name and avatar....

For a second, I thought you were Newswatcher, returning to the roost like a lost homing pigeon. He used that avatar for a while....

But he is over at that other forum with NoChain and now Chrissy, badmouthing the COWH in their own little right wingnut circle jerk (using your terms).....
 Razz

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Its either a thread with z and sal sucking on seaoats knob or FT having another psychotic break and bashing Bush or somebody else posting a left wingnut post and yet another circle jerk begins.

Hell yes! At least I didn't go off and change my name and avatar....

For a second, I thought you were Newswatcher, returning to the roost like a lost homing pigeon. He used that avatar for a while....

But he is over at that other forum with NoChain and now Chrissy, badmouthing the COWH in their own little right wingnut circle jerk (using your terms).....
 Razz

You don't seem to have a problem with all the badmouthing and Bush-bashing here, do you? Poor FT cannot post without bringing up Bush over and over again.

Differences of opinions.....we are all entitled to have an opinion.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:Differences of opinions.....we are all entitled to have an opinion.

Yes, but not our own objective reality.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Differences of opinions.....we are all entitled to have an opinion.

Yes, but not our own objective reality.

Perception and interpretation.....help form opinions. Unbiased interpretation would be preferable, but unrealistic for many.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum