Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is the forum dying?

+9
boards of FL
knothead
Floridatexan
ZVUGKTUBM
Yella
Sal
stormwatch89
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Is the forum dying?

Is the forum dying? I_vote_lcap52%Is the forum dying? I_vote_rcap 52% [ 11 ]
Is the forum dying? I_vote_lcap43%Is the forum dying? I_vote_rcap 43% [ 9 ]
Is the forum dying? I_vote_lcap5%Is the forum dying? I_vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Is the forum dying? Empty Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 12:21 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 12:24 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Now here's the thing. Even if the forum IS dying, and we won't know till we get the poll results, but even if it IS dying, it may can be resuscitated.
I don't know how to do that myself, but maybe someone does.
Or then again, maybe it needs to be allowed to die a natural death.
I'm not sure which. But I'll miss it if it dies.

3Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 12:27 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This forum now has a pretty long history. Remember all it is is an extension of what started with the newspaper and that now goes back a whole decade.
And in terms of social media, anything which is a full decade old gets pioneer status.

4Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 4:08 am

Is the forum dying? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrYBGh7LQAdspU-r7FjY2ueBJTRGS-j8BdUw_V7wm2amAttxrz

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkKRU1ajKFA

Smile 

5Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 7:41 am

2seaoat

It is very difficult to get new participants. With the PNJ it was the comments on a news story which lured people into participation. If we were getting 10 new members a year it would be healthy. We probably have thirty strong contributors with the balance posting once in awhile. I have often thought a simple billboard ran for a month which promotes the forum might be a way to get local contribution to be increased, but they do not give away billboard space. The other idea would be see what the cost would be to run an ad on the PNJ online which has a direct link to the discussion forum. That makes much more sense and probably with a couple hundred dollars would bring in another twenty or thirty participants. The risk is that you are going to get immature kids who are going to prank the forum, and we have had too much immaturity.

I would bet that this forum and its participants going into our tenth year on the PNJ and here is one of the longer ones in the country, and I certainly would miss the people if attrition without new membership has a down to twenty people. I really like the idea of a link in the pnj online addition. Probably pennies.

6Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 7:01 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Seriously?  YOU are the reason I no longer post.  YOU are the nastiest poster here.

Gawd I can't even post happy news that I'm getting a puppy without you calling me a monster.

Hopefully when you're gone the forum will pick up.  Not much chance of that when you attack every poster here other than your fan club..Z and Sal--equally offensive.

Go away and I believe you'll see the membership increase.

You are so totally offensive.

7Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 7:09 pm

Sal

Sal

stormwatch89 wrote:Seriously?  YOU are the reason I no longer post. 

I've never been a member of any fan club, but if what you wrote here is the case, sign me up.

My membership check is in the mail. 

Stupid and boring is no way to go through life, girl. 

8Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 7:28 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Stupid and boring is no way to go through life, girl.

I agree, hombre.

9Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 7:39 pm

2seaoat

She just does not like a taste of the truth.......her dogs tell the whole story, her constant moaning about paying taxes, her inability to understand most discussions, and her selfishness make her the perfect candidate to run away and feel sorry for herself if anybody challenges her assumptions that a silver spoon is a good thing, and that her being born on third base is a great triple.

Evil in our society is definable. Feeding puppy mills to create pure bred dogs with genetic predispositions, and then coming on this forum seeking sympathy for her continued contribution of the pain and suffering of those pure bred animals is just another fashion accessory. I gave a great deal of latitude thinking there were serious emotional issues, but she thrives on my attention, and just like an ex husband who she now says smells(to post this on a forum tells a great deal about a person), I am spurned because I told her the truth, and for someone who puts her hero Ayn Rand on her posts, you would think she could handle the truth. You are a big girl and should start acting like one, and when somebody slaps you down in an argument, rebut, counter and work for the truth......but running away has always been easy when you are on third base, and anytime life gets just a little bit tough........the easy way always has worked. Am I nasty.....hardly, you just do not listen, and you will run away until the end.

10Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 8:00 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

You are beyond a DOLT. I would be happy to hear constructive suggestions but you surely are NOT it.

The day I accept your wayward thinking is the day I'll bury myself.

The topic was "Is this forum dying?"

I, again, suggest that you refrain from posting your more than offensive commentary and watch how participation increases.

11Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 8:11 pm

2seaoat

I, again, suggest that you refrain from posting your more than offensive commentary and watch how participation increases.

offensive.......so the forum depends on me becoming milk toast, and acting like I was born on third base. Interesting, or could it be that when calling someone a dolt, it is not offensive.......it is accurate in the writer's perspective and truthful........but could someone find it offensive........who cares......grow up and quit acting like a spoiled ten year old girl. If you have a contribution to make.....make it. If you are so fearful that I will Offend you, do not keep seeking my attention like a teenybopper begging for attention from the high school kid who lives next door. Act like a grown up and counter arguments by calling someone a dolt, but do not cry and run away every time you are made to look foolish. Pride and self delusion once removed, allows your ghost to act like a grown up. I feel like you are emotionally stuck in the 7th grade, and it is so tedious trying to pretend your fantasy world is not reality

12Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 8:16 pm

Yella

Yella

Does this forum cost anybody any money. Or time. If it doesn't why worry about it?

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

13Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 8:17 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Z and Sal--equally offensive

Is the forum dying? Crying11

I think Boards needs to bring back the reputation system..........  Razz

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

14Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 8:33 pm

2seaoat

Z and Sal--equally offensive

By golly you offensive folks just keep posting facts and argument to back those facts up, and the junior high crowd have a hissy fit, and run away......who would have thought the word dolt was a compliment.....

15Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 9:21 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

right now the poll is tied.

16Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 9:56 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Z and Sal--equally offensive

Is the forum dying? Crying11

I think Boards needs to bring back the reputation system..........  Razz

Dayum, I am feeling so totally left out. WTH?

17Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 10:11 pm

knothead

knothead

Don't feel bad FT I continue to fly under the radar, oh well just as well.

For the record on offensiveness, those absent for the most part were consistently vulgar, rude, uncivil and kept many from posting. I believe Mr. Oats' advice is well advised, if someone strikes out intellectually then stand your ground and make your point. Those absent were the ones hurling the f bomb constantly and calling names. Personally I could care less but I do appreciate honest and open dialogue.

BTW, I broke the voting tie! he he

18Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 10:14 pm

Sal

Sal

Y'all can go fuck yourselves. 

I'm not looking for friends on an anonymous  chat forum. 

I'm just looking to kick wingnutz in the teeth. 

19Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 10:23 pm

2seaoat

I'm just looking to kick wingnutz in the teeth.

Here I thought I was the bad boy. Wignutz or emotionally immature lost adults..........if you sneeze on this forum, they get pneumonia.

20Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 10:33 pm

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:

Here I thought I was the bad boy.   

Nope. 

I said Eric was a pussy. 

I stand by that. 

21Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 10:37 pm

2seaoat

Eric is a good man.....but I am not getting in the middle of seventh grade chit......nobody forces anybody to stay here.

22Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/13/2014, 10:53 pm

Yella

Yella

Does anybody know if this thing is costing somebody money?

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

23Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/14/2014, 7:46 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:Does anybody know if this thing is costing somebody money?

Not costing money.  But costing some of us an awful lot of time.  And Ben Franklin or some other famous cheapskate said "time is money".  lol

24Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/14/2014, 8:38 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sal wrote:
2seaoat wrote:

Here I thought I was the bad boy.   

Nope. 

I said Eric was a pussy. 

I stand by that. 

Sal, you were out of line. Admit it and move on. Eric is a good person who happens to be a devout Christian. That's his right. He doesn't try to force his point of view on anyone else; neither should you.

25Is the forum dying? Empty Re: Is the forum dying? 7/14/2014, 8:56 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I've made some good friends here, and I hope to increase that number.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum