This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republicans Eye Return to Gold Standard

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Well forum financial guru's, would this be good or bad? What would it change for the average American?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48770752

That's very interesting. I'm not one of the financial gurus for sure but I think it would send the price of gold through the sky because of all the imaginary money the banks have created since we went off the standard?

View user profile

I'm surprised no one else has chimed in, Z, margin.

My father has been buying gold like crazy I suppose if the price skyrocketed people that bought a ton of it would be in good shape.

Dr.Paul wrote a book called "end the fed"... it tells you pretty much what you asked. it also tells you the extent of the theft... we will never get a fair chance or control our destiny without a sound currency.

PkrBum wrote:Dr.Paul wrote a book called "end the fed"... it tells you pretty much what you asked. it also tells you the extent of the theft... we will never get a fair chance or control our destiny without a sound currency.

I agree. The banksters have us under their thumb, ouch.

View user profile
They are blowing smoke. The banksters on Wall Street (who own and control the Fed) will never allow this to happen. Romney and Obama are both "Establishment" candidates. Neither will do anything to upset TPTB (the oligarchs who really control things).

It is a nice concept, but ONLY Ron Paul would advocate for returning to the gold standard, and you already know how mainstream Republicans feel about him....

The U.S. is so far gone (debtwise) that the only thing our politicians can do is see if the can can be kicked a little further down the road. There is no turning back fromt he precipice now....

View user profile http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com
Republicans Eye Return to Gold Standard  Ronpau10

View user profile

Returning to a gold standard won't fix anything. The government will continue to spend and dilute the value of a dollar relative to whatever benchmark it's affixed to. If we tie the USD to the supply of gold, the dollar will just continue to devalue and keep pushing inflation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum