Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Romney's energy plan, fossil fuels...Surprise!!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I heard part of his speech today and he mentioned Canada and Mexico, naturally, as part of his North American energy policy. How he is going to pull this off I don't know. It would have to involve treaties with them I guess, unless of course the international corporations just act on their own thus removing all doubt about who runs the country. Perhaps we could annex
Canada and invade Mexico?

“If I’m the president of the United States in a few months here, I will set a national goal of America and North America, North American energy independence by 2020,” Romney said. “That means we produce all the energy we use in North America. And there are a number of things I’m going to do to make that happen. It is achievable. This is not some pie-in-the-sky kind of thing.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/romney-to-reveal-new-energy-policy/

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

He's just blathering. No politician knows anything worthwhile about energy.

There is so much going on concerning the energy front, that few politicians can keep up.

Oil and gas from tight shale formations will greatly contribute toward meeting America's energy needs for the rest of the 21st Century--but likely will not make us completely energy independent. Then, there is technology afoot to help recover oil left in place that older oil field technologies could not access. Billions of barrels in potential.

Then, on the renewable front, by 2015, solar energy will reach cross-over with coal/natural gas for electricity generation. Google "Absolute Black Solar" to read about just one of the amazing new solar technologies--panels manufactured with this technology absorb nearly 100% of the solar energy shined on them. When solar crosses-over and becomes cheaper than fossil fuels to generate electricity, watch out!

Then, I just read an article today about how Ford Motor Company is leading the way to become the #1 manufacturer and seller of hybrid and electric vehicles in North America. http://www.energyandcapital.com/articles/ford-set-to-gain-in-the-hybrid-vehicle-market/2473
Ford has a vehicle they will market in 2013 which will supposedly outperform the Toyota Prius by a wide margin. This article predicts that by 2017, hybrid and electric vehicle sales in the U.S. will top $103 billion. Ford apparently aims to lead the way. Hey, and if electric vehicles can be charged with free energy from black solar panels, that is cool, right?

So, neither Romney or Obama gets it. We slowly start transitioning our means of transportation away from liquid fuels, toward electric and natural gas powered vehicles. That will help the environment and lessen our dependence on foreign oil, and make our supplies of petroleum here stretch that much further.

Let me add a caveat: I am pro-oil and gas development. We still need oil and gas while we develop and refine the more promising renewable technologies.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:He's just blathering. No politician knows anything worthwhile about energy.

There is so much going on concerning the energy front, that few politicians can keep up.

Oil and gas from tight shale formations will greatly contribute toward meeting America's energy needs for the rest of the 21st Century--but likely will not make us completely energy independent. Then, there is technology afoot to help recover oil left in place that older oil field technologies could not access. Billions of barrels in potential.

Then, on the renewable front, by 2015, solar energy will reach cross-over with coal/natural gas for electricity generation. Google "Absolute Black Solar" to read about just one of the amazing new solar technologies--panels manufactured with this technology absorb nearly 100% of the solar energy shined on them. When solar crosses-over and becomes cheaper than fossil fuels to generate electricity, watch out!

Then, I just read an article today about how Ford Motor Company is leading the way to become the #1 manufacturer and seller of hybrid and electric vehicles in North America. http://www.energyandcapital.com/articles/ford-set-to-gain-in-the-hybrid-vehicle-market/2473
Ford has a vehicle they will market in 2013 which will supposedly outperform the Toyota Prius by a wide margin. This article predicts that by 2017, hybrid and electric vehicle sales in the U.S. will top $103 billion. Ford apparently aims to lead the way. Hey, and if electric vehicles can be charged with free energy from black solar panels, that is cool, right?

So, neither Romney or Obama gets it. We slowly start transitioning our means of transportation away from liquid fuels, toward electric and natural gas powered vehicles. That will help the environment and lessen our dependence on foreign oil, and make our supplies of petroleum here stretch that much further.

Let me add a caveat: I am pro-oil and gas development. We still need oil and gas while we develop and refine the more promising renewable technologies.

Good to see you agree with Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. By using ALL our resources, that gives time for alternative forms of energy to develop and become competitive without the tax payer paying billions for failing companies.

Instead of blowing hundreds of billions on failing systems, offer substantial incentives to trucking companies to convert their existing diesels and buy diesels which run on natural gas. It is far easier to establish natural gas supply facilities at existing truck stops on major interstates and trucking company terminals than for all cars.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum