Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harley Davidson's New Electric Motorcycle

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I never was into motorcycles, but I came across this story at a blog I occasionally follow.

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bulletin/harley-davidsons-first-electric-motorcycle/?tag=nl.e660&s_cid=e660&ttag=e660&ftag=TRE4eb29b5

...Harley-Davidson didn't provide many details about the new bike. Time reports that the electric motorcycle generates 75 horsepower and accelerates from zero to 60 in four seconds, with a 92 mile per hour top speed and 100 miles of range....

Harley Davidson's New Electric Motorcycle Harley10

Here is a video:

So would you ride one?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

0-60 in 4 seconds..would I ride it ?..hell yeah !

I'm not supposed to... but I sure as hell would.

LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How sad, our society has now pussified Harleys.

Neutral 

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Ti wrote:LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

How sad, our society has now pussified Harleys.

Neutral 

Did you watch the video?

Hardly lame......

Very lame.

1) Harley doesn't make a true crotch rocket. Not even the Night Rods are true crotch rockets.

2) The sound.... Not Harley whatsoever and that's what makes HD unique.

I have had multiple Harley Davidson bikes.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Maybe they need to put a fake motor sound in the electric model.....  Razz

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

naw just put some playing cards in the spokes...

I wouldn't give a damn about the harley sound... can you imagine the scream topping out in less than 10 seconds?

I'm building an old 289 right now... pretty tame setup for gas milage... but it was tempting to spike it.

This bike can't run with a true crotch rocket, no way and I have had the fastest you can buy off the showroom floor in the Hayabusa made by Suzuki

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I would love pulling up next to a bunch of chugging Harleys at a light and blow their doors off silently....it will take a paradigm shift, I like my loud Harley ..I got Vance and Hines pipes on it to make it even louder..
Harley Davidson's New Electric Motorcycle Harley11

I have made a few mods to it since I got it...doesn't look like this anymore..

As a woman who has been the recipient of riding on a Harley, I can tell you, it would not be a Harley experience without the gas powered engine vibrating between my thighs and the noise of the gas powered engine. And there is something sexy about all that with a little hint of oil and gas...  Razz

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ti wrote: there is something sexy about all that with a little hint of oil and gas...  

This is how "sexy" it is.

Harley Davidson's New Electric Motorcycle OnOurKnees

Bob wrote:
Ti wrote: there is something sexy about all that with a little hint of oil and gas...  

This is how "sexy" it is.

[]

Oh geesh bob, that is not it. Now teos ride, that's sexy.

You ruined my hot biker moment.  Razz 

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I would love pulling up next to a bunch of chugging Harleys at a light and blow their doors off silently....it will take a paradigm shift, I like my loud Harley ..I got Vance and Hines pipes on it to make it even louder..
Harley Davidson's New Electric Motorcycle Harley11

I have made a few mods to it since I got it...doesn't look like this anymore..

A dude on a bagger isn't going to race you bro.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I meant on an electric.  I had a bagger want to race the other day at the 89/87 split north of Milton. I let him go on . I gave up racing years ago.

Hwy 4 between jay and crestview that's where folks race

Markle

Markle

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Very lame.

1) Harley doesn't make a true crotch rocket. Not even the Night Rods are true crotch rockets.

2) The sound.... Not Harley whatsoever and that's what makes HD unique.

Not a scooter with a of cool looking fiberglass but they dominate the pro motorcycle series at NHRA in the big time drag races. In fact, NHRA has passed rules to slow down the Harley's down in order to give Suzuki a better chance. Even though Harley stopped production of Buell in 2009 they are still competitive and win in the same class as Harley. They're now pushing 200 mph in the quarter mile.

Nothing to support my observations but I seem to see far more poor riders driving crotch rockets than Harley's. They seem to visualize themselves being on some famous road racing track in Germany or Japan. The vast majority of those riders have nowhere near the skill level to handle a bike with that much power. They get themselves in trouble.

A short while ago a rider turned out of a parking lot on our 3 land Capital Circle going north. The car in his far right lane was going slow so the rider swung left, pulled a wheelie and crashed into an SUV standing still. He hit the car so hard that he flew off the bike, through the rear window of the SUV and ended up dead between the driver and her daughter in the front seat.

I've been riding motorcycles for more than 50 years and seriously considering another. I had one street crash, while I was riding my dads chopper...not one of my better moments. Hundreds of crashes racing. Some just jump on and keep going, others crawl back on and tough it out or lay on the side of the trail waiting for help.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Might as well get you another bike Markle  anyone that rode that long has got to miss it.  What are you going to be looking for ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum