Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Liberal groups angry with SC pols over order to teach Constitution

+3
Markle
Joanimaroni
Floridatexan
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

The South Carolina legislature has rankled liberal groups after requiring that a pair of public schools use state funds to teach the U.S. Constitution and other founding documents -- on the heels of a budget fight over gay-themed books in the curriculum.

State House lawmakers previously had cut funds from two public universities in retaliation for required-reading material containing homosexual themes. A revised budget passed by both the House and the Senate earlier this month, though, restored the money -- but dictated that exact amount be spent "for instruction in the provisions and principles of the United States Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and the Federalist Papers, including the study of and devotion to American institutions and ideals."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/13/liberal-groups-slam-sc-lawmakers-compromise-in-fight-over-gay-themed-reading/?intcmp=latestnews

hehe...

Sounds like the SC Sate legislature was using education funding to punish their political enemies.

Lovely.

BRDNH2O wrote:Sounds like the SC Sate legislature was using education funding to punish their political enemies.

Lovely.

The constitution should be mandatory in ALL schools.

Works for me.

Isn't it odd that SC lawmakers are just now getting around to require it in their curriculum?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chrissy wrote:The South Carolina legislature has rankled liberal groups after requiring that a pair of public schools use state funds to teach the U.S. Constitution and other founding documents -- on the heels of a budget fight over gay-themed books in the curriculum.

State House lawmakers previously had cut funds from two public universities in retaliation for required-reading material containing homosexual themes. A revised budget passed by both the House and the Senate earlier this month, though, restored the money -- but dictated that exact amount be spent "for instruction in the provisions and principles of the United States Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and the Federalist Papers, including the study of and devotion to American institutions and ideals."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/13/liberal-groups-slam-sc-lawmakers-compromise-in-fight-over-gay-themed-reading/?intcmp=latestnews

hehe...

Cheeze. I know what they should have done instead...just take all the offending books out of the schools and burn them in a symbolic gesture on the front lawns. What were they thinking? After all, students at the university level haven't studied these documents enough, and, God knows, we don't want them thinking about GAY PEOPLE, because that might warp their little minds and turn them GAY. It's good to know, at least, that the Governor understands said documents.

Floridatexan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:The South Carolina legislature has rankled liberal groups after requiring that a pair of public schools use state funds to teach the U.S. Constitution and other founding documents -- on the heels of a budget fight over gay-themed books in the curriculum.

hehe...

Cheeze.  I know what they should have done instead...just take all the offending books out of the schools and burn them in a symbolic gesture on the front lawns.  What were they thinking?  After all, students at the university level haven't studied these documents enough, and, God knows, we don't want them thinking about GAY PEOPLE, because that might warp their little minds and turn them GAY.  It's good to know, at least, that the Governor understands said documents.

but If they did that they would be in the same group as you who want to get rid of a news agency lol

btw FT, I think its funny that the liberals are mad that they have to study the constitution.

this story is a win win for me, constitution and gay LOL

on edit, OMG FT wonder if they turn all their gay people into constitutionalist like me LOL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The BIG point here is why would liberal groups be mad thy have to teach the constitution?

Is learning the constitution a form of punishment for them?

LOL. The BIGGER point is that the lawmakers in SC have suddenly decided the USC is important for a school curriculum. Have they finally resolved that whole secession issue?

How many school systems in the USA have a primary education curriculum that includes the USC? How many red states that wish to ignore the USC include it in their lesson plan?

It's a pretty heavy tome to be teaching in elementary schools. At what grade level do you think the indoctrination should start?

What grade were you in when YOU studied the USC? I studied it in 7th grade Civics class.

Have you ever even read it?

BRDNH2O wrote: .  At what grade level do you think the indoctrination should start?

Why do you consider studying the constitution "indoctrination?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Chrissy wrote:
BRDNH2O wrote: .  At what grade level do you think the indoctrination should start?

LOL Stated for the pseudo- intellectual effect.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

hehe...

Cheeze.  I know what they should have done instead...just take all the offending books out of the schools and burn them in a symbolic gesture on the front lawns.  What were they thinking?  After all, students at the university level haven't studied these documents enough, and, God knows, we don't want them thinking about GAY PEOPLE, because that might warp their little minds and turn them GAY.  It's good to know, at least, that the Governor understands said documents.

What were the books that were removed and what grade level?

Chrissy wrote:

Why do you avoid the question and change the subject?

I used "indoctrination" because it perfectly defines the issue. And because knew it would be a dog whistle for several sets of ears.

verb \in-ˈdäk-trə-ˌnāt\
: to teach (someone) to fully accept the ideas, opinions, and beliefs of a particular group and to not consider other ideas, opinions, and beliefs
in·doc·tri·nat·edin·doc·tri·nat·ing

Full Definition of INDOCTRINATE

transitive verb
: to instruct especially in fundamentals or rudiments : teach
: to imbue with a usually partisan or sectarian opinion, point of view, or principle
— in·doc·tri·na·tion noun
— in·doc·tri·na·tor noun
See indoctrinate defined for English-language learners »
See indoctrinate defined for kids »
Examples of INDOCTRINATE

The goal should be to teach politics, rather than to indoctrinate students in a narrow set of political beliefs.

Origin of INDOCTRINATE

probably from Middle English endoctrinen, from Anglo-French endoctriner, from en- + doctrine doctrine
First Known Use: 1626
Related to INDOCTRINATE

Synonyms
educate, teach, instruct, lesson, school, train, tutor
Related Words
coach, mentor; drill, fit, ground, habilitate, prepare, prime, qualify; direct, guide, lead, rear; catechize, lecture, moralize, preach; implant, inculcate, instill (also instil); homeschool; edify, enlighten; brief, familiarize, impart (to), inform, verse; initiate, introduce, show; reeducate, reschool, reteach, retrain

The question still remains. Have you ever even read the USC, much less studied it?

BRDNH2O wrote:The question still remains.  Have you ever even read the USC, much less studied it?

You didn't answer my question. I disagree that studying the constitution is indoctrination. You are trying to be coy. But it didn't work.

Of course I have studied the constitution. I actually have and carry with me a pocket constitution as well. Its important to this country.

So the question still remains and don't toss out another definition.

Why do you consider studying the constitution "indoctrination"?

I have my theory. It must be because you are a left wing hack who hates the constitution. And you live in fear that if people figure out the constitution they might realize its being broken by so many in our gov. And the agenda cover will be blown.

Read the definition and figure it out for yourself. You're the smartest person on this forum, remember?

I used the word in proper context and you're stuck on stupid.

BTW...I seriously doubt you have ever read the USC, OR that you're toting around a copy like a CC weapon. I base that on several recent posts from you that reveal an incredible amount of ignorance of it's content and application.

Like you said..."It's time to organize". LOL

You planning a revolution? ROTFLMAO

BRDNH2O wrote:Read the definition and figure it out for yourself.  You're the smartest person on this forum, remember?

I used the word in proper context and you're stuck on stupid.

BTW...I seriously doubt you have ever read the USC, OR that you're toting around a copy like a CC weapon.  I base that on several recent posts from you that reveal an incredible amount of ignorance of it's content and application.

Like you said..."It's time to organize".  LOL

You planning a revolution?  ROTFLMAO

So you consider studying any text as indoctrination huh... interesting tidbit about yourself.

I have never claimed to be the smartest person on this forum. I think pkr is.

I can give you a picture of my pocket constitution if you like ? LOL

btw....I do think we need to organize. Are you also against people organizing into groups of like minds politically?

When are you gonna start organizing for the revolution? LOL

Keep us informed so we'll know when to turn on the telly.

I must admit, you're an interesting case study.

Tell me missy, how is it that a "tyrant" continues to allow people like you to trash our Constitutionally elected POTUS?

You need to do some more studying.

BRDNH2O wrote:When are you gonna start organizing for the revolution?  LOL

Keep us informed so we'll know when to turn on the telly.

I must admit, you're an interesting case study.  

Tell me missy, how is it that a "tyrant" continues to allow people like you to trash our Constitutionally elected  POTUS?  

You need to do some more studying.

You might need to go back to the dictionary. You could study words like "organize"

or·gan·ize

/ˈôrgəˌnīz/

verb

gerund or present participle: organizing

arrange into a structured whole; order.
"organize lessons in a planned way"

synonyms: (put in) order, arrange, sort (out), assemble, marshal, put straight, group, classify, collocate, categorize, catalog, codify, systematize, systemize; More
declutter;

raremethodize

"organizing and disseminating information"

•coordinate the activities of (a person or group of people) efficiently.
"organize and lead a group of people"

synonyms: make arrangements for, arrange, coordinate, sort out, put together, fix up, set up, orchestrate, take care of, see to/about, deal with, manage, conduct, administrate, mobilize; More

oh and btw, that tyrant is stifling dissent all over the nation. And using threats... You might want to do a case study on that.

Better get busy.

Who knows where you might take this. You emphasize organizing and people who organize while at the same time trashing Mr. Obama for his past actions as a (wait for it)

Community Organizer.

BRDNH2O wrote:Better get busy.

Who knows where you might take this.  You emphasize organizing and people who organize while at the same time trashing Mr. Obama for his past actions as a (wait for it)

Community Organizer.

LOL

Now, that would be terrible if people organized into groups that studied the constitution. It would be the complete opposite of the lefts groups who organize for monetary favors from the GOV such as ACORN and Obama.

It might even be possible to indoctrinate people with knowledge of the constitution. You know that regressive evil document that must be destroyed at all cost in order to have a more perfect union of state controlled zombies. What a Face

Next thing you know the left will be calling the people who organize to study the constitution of our country terrorist.  Surprised 

You are irrelevant in any rational discussion.

Back to ignoring you.

Time for you to claim victory and celebrate. You have officially defeated logic and reasoning.

Congrats.

If more people understood the constitution perhaps the govt would get away with a few less infringements.

Unlikely tho... most of the indoctrination is collectivist crap.

Do you also disdain the indoctrination of lies and distortions repeated over and over by the same group of right wing talkers who have access to a mic simply because there are zero filters in place at Fox, NRA, AEI, Newsmax, Nugent, any and all pseudo-patriot groups, Joe the un-plumber, etc?

PkrBum wrote:If more people understood the constitution perhaps the govt would get away with a few less infringements.

Unlikely tho... most of the indoctrination is collectivist crap.

agreed.

This must be the only reason leftist could even manage to be angry over having to teach the constitution LOL

I find it funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum