Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

American Space program ends...Russians suggest using trampoline to get to the ISS

+3
Sal
QueenOfHearts
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

According to Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, because of U.S. and the European Union sanctions on Russia, after 2016 in the United States and the European Space Agency will have no other ways to deliver its astronauts to the International Space Station than sending them using the trampoline. Dmiriy Rogozin said, that Russia could sharply raise prices for the delivery of astronauts to the ISS in response to sanctions, VIDEO:

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Why are the Russians the only ones able to fly astronauts to the ISS?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

QueenOfHearts wrote:Why are the Russians the only ones able to fly astronauts to the ISS?

obama killed our space program..didn't you get the memo ?

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:Why are the Russians the only ones able to fly astronauts to the ISS?

I did. But I was not aware that there are no other countries involved. While this is a consequence of the administration's actions, I'm going to guess they don't care if they killed our space program to begin with. I think it is a shame. I know a lot of people think spaces exploration is a waste of money, but I disagree.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The Russians have had a very reliable space program and they are the only ones I know that can safety deliver and retrieve people from the ISS.

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/rockets_launchers.html

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 4/30/2014, 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

It was during the Dubya administration that the decision to mothball the shuttle program was decided.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.universityherald.com/articles/9166/20140430/ukraine-crisis-straining-u-s-reliance-on-russian-space-program-official-says-nasa-astronauts-can-use-a-trampoline-to-get-to-iss.htm

More of the story..

Sal

Sal

Screw the Rooskies.

Elon Musk will get them up there.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:Screw the Rooskies.

Elon Musk will get them up there.

Yes he will Elon Musk is an amazing character.

His rocket technology is top shelf, and the Dragon space capsule will eventually be human-certified.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Musk has contracted with the government to shuttle astronauts to the Space Station.  He's already delivering payloads to the Space Station.
He proved he can do it a lot more efficiently and more cost effectively than the government can.
His ability to do that is one of the things that influenced me to buy the Tesla stock.  Even though I'm now down about 25% from when I bought it a couple of months ago.  The brilliant little cocksucker has his mind in outer space and not on the goddamn cars where he should have it.   lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But hell Steve Jobs was able to multitask too.  He was a force behind both Apple and Pixar at the same time.  So maybe Musk can pull it off too.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Where did you get this information?

http://spaceksc.blogspot.com/2010/03/why-bush-cancelled-space-shuttle.html

Bush cancelled the space shuttle in January, 2004, cutting off funding after the Challenger and Discovery launches resulted in the deaths of 14 astronauts, apparently resulting from major design flaws. After that announcement, many of the "mom & pop" operations that manufactured specific one-of-a-kind parts went out of business. One part of Bush's announcement led to the government purchasing in advance replacement parts that would be needed for the remaining shuttle flights. NASA is up and running. What Obama cancelled was a planned moon shot that would have cost $100 billion...the money wasn't there.

You should do your research instead of reading Krauthammer, who lied (again).

Nekochan

Nekochan

The Space Shuttle program was ancient. It was time to move on ahead of the shuttle.

Obama absolutely has cut our space program.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/35209628/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/nasa-grieves-over-canceled-program/#.U2FmAvldWSo

The title of this thread is not accurate. The ISS is hardly the complexity of our space program. and while bush did make exit plans for the iSS, and he should have, how long do you keep a program like that? when you have gotten what you can from it. We are exploring deep space and have may other events going on beyond the ISS. And some of you can call it crazy, but yes, there is a rush to establish on the moon. So the lie limit of ISS is practical. However, the shuttle wasn't retired until 2010 as planned by bush. Obama was prez at the time, he could have changed that, he's changed so many other things right.

At the end of the day, it is Obama who has not used diplomacy and shown weakness to have put not only our ISS space program in jeopardy for its last couple of years, but created a leadership vacuum to where Russia is now invading another country, killing people might I add. and what are we looking at? more racist BS on the news.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum