Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1964 Worlds Fair (50th)anniversary

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

50 year anniversary of the 1964 Worlds fair, I was stationed at Fort Devens  a couple of us rode the train from Boston to NYC to see it. LONG damn lines, wore our dress greens(to get a discounts), Stayed in the Solan Hotel in NYC. No damn money, high priced eats. It was a long day. I thought it would be open 24/7. Wrong!! Got there on the subway around midnight. Everything was locked up tighter than hell. We walked all over the city(way cool) until daylight. Napped on a bench in Central park then rode the subway(again) back out to the Fair. Worf, and a guy named Green and I made the trip.

Love the cars, folks in dresses and suits, can't imagine wearing heels to a fair. Sinclair gasoline - there was a station on Cervantes and W Street back in the day. My uncle worked there and gave me a dinosaur bank.

Not to interupt your thread, but the title made me aware of how time goes by!
I have a small collectable spoon from the 1962 Seattle Worlds Fair. My oldest brother got to attend with relatives, and brought it back for me. He died 2 weeks later, at age 11.
It (the title) made me painfully aware of how long it has been since then. Thank you for the memories, I miss Pete tremendously, and often. Even after all this time..... Smile

I love the fair. I even love how it smells.  Smile 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

jose balu wrote:Not to interupt your thread, but the title made me aware of how time goes by!
I have a small collectable spoon from the 1962 Seattle Worlds Fair. My oldest brother got to attend with relatives, and brought it back for me. He died 2 weeks later, at age 11.
It (the title) made me painfully aware of how long it has been since then. Thank you for the memories, I miss Pete tremendously, and often. Even after all this time.....  Smile

Memories!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum