Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joanimaroni you just nailed the reason why I could never accept or live by what's found in the Holy Bible

+2
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:
I'm more inclined to help the helpless.....the children

It's your quote this morning in that marathon thread.  I didn't want to hijack that thread by replying to it there.

I have never encountered a living soul (unless he/she is insane or retarded) who does not agree with what you say in that quote.  And that applies to past or present.  And that even includes Jewish people themselves.

And yet,  the Bible is not vague on this.  It's not ambiguous.  It is VERY clear.  And it says...

"This is what the LORD says: 'About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. Every firstborn in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn of the slave girl, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again."

— Exodus 11:4–6

Any attempt to supply context to justify what we see there is always going to be pure rationalization.  Because regardless of ANY set of circumstances anyone might apply,  it is just ALWAYS dead flat wrong to kill children to punish the actions of adults.  
Every single human being who has ever lived (if not insane or retarded) instinctively knows this to be wrong. Dead wrong.
I will never accept what I read in Exodus 11:4-6.  I will never condone it.
I will never go along with it in any way, shape or form.  Not ever.
And if I ever do, I need to be sent to hell for that alone.

2seaoat

So you help the helpless by putting a mother in jail and taking the children from their mother.......a person only needs common sense to realize how utterly stupid the punishment is and how a mistake does not equal a crime. Things I did as a kid where I got chewed out, would now be punished as a felony. We have a criminal justice system which is fricking out of control, and a percentage of our population with deep seated racial hatred which want those of a certain ethnicity to fill the jails. Am I race baiting when the stats say exactly what I have been saying for years. Proportionately poor black and hispanics fill our jails, and if this was a white mother we most certainly would not be discussing felonies and eight year prison sentences........this out of control criminal justice system is an exact result of the war on drugs, the southern strategy which appeals to the core racial politics which allows these type of injustices. The one thing which is certain in life is that if a poor black person is faced with a possibility of culpability, many here consistently jump to find the same........and this forum is the reality of this country.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:So you help the helpless by putting a mother in jail and taking the children from their mother.......a person only needs common sense to realize how utterly stupid the punishment is and how a mistake does not equal a crime.  Things I did as a kid where I got chewed out, would now be punished as a felony.  We have a criminal justice system which is fricking out of control, and a percentage of our population with deep seated racial hatred which want those of a certain ethnicity to fill the jails.  Am I race baiting when the stats say exactly what I have been saying for years.  Proportionately poor black and hispanics fill our jails, and if this was a white mother we most certainly would not be discussing felonies and eight year prison sentences........this out of control criminal justice system is an exact result of the war on drugs, the southern strategy which appeals to the core racial politics which allows these type of injustices.   The one thing which is certain in life is that if a poor black person is faced with a possibility of culpability, many here consistently jump to find the same........and this forum is the reality of this country.

Another Seaoatism.....intentionally misinterpret comments.

I never said 8 years....IMO 8 years is excessive and I would be shocked beyond belief it she was sentenced to the maximum. However, she intentionally left these children unattended in a hot car with the keys in the ignition. The children could have died from heat stroke or could had been kidnapped.

Again, the children are damn lucky. A slap on the wrist and $100,000 dollars is not the answer. There needs to be consequences for her gross negligence......negligence that could have proved fatal had intervention not occurred.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here I intentionally avoided hijacking that other thread out of courtesy to those participating it in.
And now seaoat has reacted to that by hijacking my thread. lol

I never expected anyone to defend the Bible on this because there is no real defense.

Bob wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
I'm more inclined to help the helpless.....the children

It's your quote this morning in that marathon thread.  I didn't want to hijack that thread by replying to it there.

I have never encountered a living soul (unless he/she is insane or retarded) who does not agree with what you say in that quote.  And that applies to past or present.  And that even includes Jewish people themselves.

And yet,  the Bible is not vague on this.  It's not ambiguous.  It is VERY clear.  And it says...

"This is what the LORD says: 'About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. Every firstborn in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn of the slave girl, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again."

— Exodus 11:4–6

Any attempt to supply context to justify what we see there is always going to be pure rationalization.  Because regardless of ANY set of circumstances anyone might apply,  it is just ALWAYS dead flat wrong to kill children to punish the actions of adults.  
Every single human being who has ever lived (if not insane or retarded) instinctively knows this to be wrong. Dead wrong.
I will never accept what I read in Exodus 11:4-6.  I will never condone it.
I will never go along with it in any way, shape or form.  Not ever.
And if I ever do,  I need to be sent to hell for that alone.

You should read the rest of that. The Lord has vengeance. Vengeance is not ours.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus%2010&version=KJV

And you should also understand that the bible is written in parables mostly. and many things can not be taken as literal.

And also the bible was written by people of that time who translated thoughts in a era of their culture.

In the eyes of the Lord being dead isn't always dead as in the grave dead, sometimes it is dead in the lords eyes.

interpreting the bible might not be your best function because you have no faith or spirit from which to receive the blessing of understanding.

But nice try at persecuting Christians. Im sure the forum atheist will latch on soon and bring you many post to giggle about.

no stress

no stress

I couldnt have added one thing to make that better crow....perfect

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The lord kills babies and it's okay. But if I object to that I'm the one doing the persecuting. Gotcha. lol

Bob wrote:The lord kills babies and it's okay.  But if I object to that I'm the one doing the persecuting.  Gotcha.  lol

The lord kills only evil babies just like the liberals. so shut it.

oh wait, you didn't get it, nor did I expect you to. dead in flesh is different than dead in spirit.

Bob wrote:The lord kills babies and it's okay.  But if I object to that I'm the one doing the persecuting.  Gotcha.  lol

Hey Bob, the Lord kills evil babies. Did you know babies can be evil? LOL!

I was wrong. I should not have used sarcasm to make a point.

about evil babies and god.

God doesn't think unborn babies are evil, liberals do

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

And you should also understand that the bible is written in parables mostly. and many things can not be taken as literal.

The Bible......A story with a message.

Bob wrote:Here I intentionally avoided hijacking that other thread out of courtesy to those participating it in.
And now seaoat has reacted to that by hijacking my thread.  lol

I never expected anyone to defend the Bible on this because there is no real defense.  

Exactly. Anyone who believes the horseshit written in there by some nut jobs tons of years ago deserves to keep living their fantasy life. If you don't know by now there is no God as the bible says after years and years of evidence then you're not a rational human being. Some people will be very offended by that but that's my opinion.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well, I don't know how anyone can look at the world around us and think that there is no higher power involved in creating everything. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and beliefs...it's a personal matter.

But Dreams I am curious about something. Obama is a self-proclaimed Christian. Is Obama irrational?

Nekochan wrote:Well, I don't know how anyone can look at the world around us and think that there is no higher power involved in creating everything.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and beliefs...it's a personal matter.

But Dreams I am curious about something.  Obama is a self-proclaimed Christian.   Is Obama irrational?

Yes. In my opinion anyone who believes in that fairytale stuff from the bible is so including Obama. It doesn't mean their irrational in other beliefs but that one-yes.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

chrissy wrote:

The lord kills only evil babies just like the liberals. so shut it.

oh wait, you didn't get it, nor did I expect you to. dead in flesh is different than dead in spirit.

I can't imagine why the Lord would object to the liberals killing babies inside the womb.  Hell,  he even killed em after they were crawling around.  
The Lord must be a helluva lot more liberal than even the liberals are.  If he was registered to vote,  I guarantee you he'd be voting for Bernie Sanders for president.   lol

But about this "evil babies" thing.  Would that be something like this...

Joanimaroni you just nailed the reason why I could never accept or live by what's found in the Holy Bible 000chucky

...  if so I think you and the liberals AND the Lord may have seen one too many B movies.  lol

"Dead in the spirit and dead in the flesh"

Nah that copout aint gonna pass muster.  The Lord killed them babies dead.  He flat out told us he did.  That would be like Ted Bundy trying to tell us when he killed all those girls that he "was only killing them in the flesh and not in the spirit".
Try to put nonsense like that in front of any jury in America and both Bundy and the Lord would fry in the electric chair.

Last edited by Bob on 4/20/2014, 8:15 am; edited 7 times in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:And you should also understand that the bible is written in parables mostly. and many things can not be taken as literal.

I know. That's always the biggest copout of all. That whenever the Bible says stuff we like, it's definitely all real; but when it says all that stuff that's obviously insane, It's always "just a parable".
That's the same excuse Harry Reid gives for the stuff he says. lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:And you should also understand that the bible is written in parables mostly. and many things can not be taken as literal.

I know.  That's always the biggest copout of all.  That whenever the Bible says stuff we like,  it's definitely all real;  but when it says all that stuff that's obviously insane,  It's always "just a parable".
That's the same excuse Harry Reid gives for the stuff he says.  lol

Bob, not a cop out. It's what we ease taught in school. They are stories.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:

Bob, not a cop out. It's what we ease taught in school. They are stories.

I was taught the stories in Sunday School too, joani. Most of us were. Especially those of us who grew up in the deep south.
I was taught a lot of stuff in my youth, joani. Some of it was worthwhile and some of it was not.

Joanimaroni wrote:

Yes.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

SheWrites wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Yes.

Agreed....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"A story with a message"

No doubt about that.  Except it has so many mixed messages that it can be used to support anything and everything.  And a lot of what it's been used to support is nothing to be proud of.

Same as Mein Kampf and Obama's autobiography and a thousand other books.
They are all stories with messages.

This is a beautiful day.  Put the books down,  all of them,  and spend the day soaking up some nature.  It will clear your mind of books and messages.

Bob wrote:"A story with a message"

No doubt about that.  Except it has so many mixed messages that it can be used to support anything and everything.  And a lot of what it's been used to support is nothing to be proud of.

Same as Mein Kampf and Obama's autobiography and a thousand other books.
They are all stories with messages.

This is a beautiful day.  Put the books down,  all of them,  and spend the day soaking up some nature.  It will clear your mind of books and messages.

Joanimaroni you just nailed the reason why I could never accept or live by what's found in the Holy Bible Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYRajP2h8Nx4FRclhCRZaoCXltXPhOPyCLuj3p-8H5ppEzYnmB

*****WARM SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkSIwaUaNc

Smile 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum