Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter 3.....Stranger in a strange land

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

It was warm almost hot as I watched the translucent Blue blades of the Panasonic fan swirl in the room.  A small place with a very small sink and stove.  Just one room with a low table in the center of the room, a futon stacked nicely against the wall.  The room was quiet, just soft stirring sound of my girl friend cooking something on the  tiny stove.  It did not smell all that bad.  Maybe I could eat it.  I tripped over the radio and broke it last night.  I think that is what happened, anyways the damn thing is broke.  Laying back with a cold beer in my hand, my wanders to times past.  Strangely I start to wonder.”Where am I? “What the hell am I doing?”  
Terriko put the lid on the pot and picks  a dress she is sewing on.  She is nearsighted like me, she has to really stare as she makes  small stitches in the dress.,  They is nothing to say.  Just strangers in a strange land.  She needs me and I need her.  Not just as a bed mate but someone to make me believe that I am all right.  I would like to ask her what she is thinking about but it would be a major hassle.  Her English is poor and my Japanese is even worse. Funny how I have never had that problem before.  Back home you could talk, express your feeling, what made you sad, what made you happy.  It is different now.  Even if I could express my self, the cultural differences would make such a conversation meaningless.  I realize that is a fleeing moment , etched in time, never to be explained or understood except by those who have experienced it.
Quietly she get up, steps over to the stove, dips out some rice, puts some meat on top of it.  Then she places a pair of Sticks across the top of the bowel. She smiles as she hands me the food.  I say “Domo” and start to eat..........

2seaoat

Do not stop. It is important. Each person's journey should be shared, and those who can share the journey will leave guideposts for younger generations to come. Keep writing.

2seaoat wrote:Do not stop.  It is important.  Each person's journey should be shared, and those who can share the journey will leave guideposts for younger generations to come.  Keep writing.

I will. It is just slow Thank you...

As we sat there eating our food in the falling sunlight, I looked at her, framed in by the light of the window. She looked so peaceful, serene, that i was temped not to speak, But I felt I had to. "Granny" I said. Her nick name was Granny Goose(for real) I have to ask you a question" Her eyes darted around, I could see that she was wondering what my question would be. "Granny" I repeated " is there any reason you are wearing mens OD underwear with the letter B and 2741 on them?" Her little dainty hand went to cover her private area(The fly was open) Her face turned red and she started to stutter. A tear fell from her slanted eye. She said " I tell you Honto truth. Bladeson go to work. Dami boyson come here. Bladeson tomadachi, He want Boom Boom. I no do. He pants take off. He have little chimpo. I laugh (goman ne) He get mad pants put on but leave underwear. I now wear." You believe me? I motioned to come sit beside me. "Of course I do" as I patted her behind. I will ask her about the 2 dozen extra large condoms in her purse at a later day. Now it was time for " ‘Chicken in the Basket "

LOL... that was funny... I see it.

I also encourage you to keep writing. even if you think others are not looking. they are.

We are all waiting to hear about the condoms now.  Razz 

Sal

Sal

I really enjoy your writing. 

Good stuff. 

Thanks. It is fun. Most of it is based on my time in Chitose Japan 1965/67 12th ASA Kuma Station.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I love your stories and memories, Ichi-san.

Rain!!! Damn Rain!!! The sun is just coming and my damn head hurts. I really dont feel very good. Gooses "cooking" and Torys is taking a toll on my body. I need some air. But really i need to get out of here and head down to the bar. But I dont have a yen to my name. Grannie Goose is sleeping like a log. I guess all you know how she used to snore. You all know everything else. I look around a find her purse, maybe I will just "borrow" a few yen. I am sure she will not mind. Hmmmm Whats in here? A picture of a guy at snow festival. Damn he looks kind of familiar but the photo is too fuzzy to tell. The 12 pack of condoms has been opened and there are only 2 left. Whoa!! Whats this!! A damn roll of money. Must be over 10,000 yen in small bills. WTF? Just then the light flashes on. She is awake and looking right at me holding her money. Best defense is a good offense. Where did you get this? I was loud and I really was a little, no a lot, pissed. She snatched the money out of my hand. Whoa, Now she was mad. She said. " I met nice man, he buy me drinks and give me some money. He rick man, not poor drunk man like you" The words stung but she was right. I was a broke ass dude. Rain or no rain it is looking like a walk back to post. What the hell, Lets go for broke. So what is this richs guys name? "he NCO You call riffer. I think he name is "Rozzie" Rozzie? Damn it to hell!!! it cant be. You dont mean Tozzie The ass hat that I work for, do you?" " Hi.. Tozzie He have big chimpo, that why I have extra size in my bag."...............The rain was cold and the mud squished though my bare feet as I stumbled shirtless and barefooted down to bar Ronnies. But I aint a fool. I still had the money..I grabbed it from her when I ran out the door." Damn a Chicken in a Basket anyways.

The rain is really coming down hard, turning the street into a sea of mud. I never noticed how much crap was in the road. Seems like there is something sharp in every step I take. But my feet arent the only problem. My pants are soaked and muddy and are chaffing my crouch. I did not have time to put on any underwear and I damn sure was not going to wear the OD ones with a “B and number” on them. After what seemed like hours, I turned into the alley that held my 2nd home. Bar Ronnies. Now I really did have to be careful where I was walking. The Benjo was over flooding but it looked like I could step over the small brown stream. I hope so. Thank God, The door was open. I almost fell inside as a gust of wind hit my back. Coming in from the rain, the place was ghastly quiet. Yokos eyes opened wide(as much as they could), she looked like she had seen a ghost or a mad man. Maybe a little of both. I left wet foot prints as I stumbled over and sat on a bar stool. Soon a puddle of water had formed at my feet. Yoko could not believe it “You Wet. Where Shirt Shoes?” she said Just give me a drink, I need to think. Slowly a plan started to form. “Yoko, Take some of this money and go buy me a shirt and a pair of Gatas, or what ever you call them wood flip flops”. I forgot to mention the underwear. “OK” Yoko said" I call Terriko and get her to bring you some.” Hell NO!!!! Dont call her. Little trouble. Yoko cocked her head to one side and nodded ok. I think she knew.... In a little while some guy brings in a couple of shirts for me to buy. Damn they are all too small. I am getting cold and need something..Then the thought of the year descended on me. “How about one of those Men's Kimono things, you folk wear?”
They both looked at each other not knowing what to say. At long last Yoko nodded “yes” and the little guys ran out the door to buy one for me. Problem solved. Warm and dry and looking pretty good in my new rig. Plus I still have enough money to get drunk. All is good. Yoko put “Satisfaction” on the record player and I lit up a Hilite to go with my straight shot of Torys. Life is good. But things are soon to change..

The whiskey is working its magic. Calm prevails and the music reminds me of better times to be had. I finish eating and push away the bowl of rice that Yoko gave me and I thank her. It was pretty good. Plain and simple but all right. The door cracks open a little bit and I thought I saw the glimpse of shined boot with white laces. There are some people talking outside the door but I dont know what they are saying. The door opens with a bang and 2 MPs squeeze though the door. No Problem I think, I have my pass and I am not doing anything wrong. The big one says “Stand up and let me see your pass and ID” Then it dawns on me that my billfold is back at the Apartment. I ask “Is there a problem? The smaller of the two giants says “Yes, we have a report of a naked GI stumbling down the street, pass and ID please”” Not good!! I dont have any underwear on and my yukata is thin. A point not lost on the Mps. “Are you naked?” they ask? “No” I reply “I have this traditional yukata on” But I mean under it? Are you wearing anything else? My answer was “No” It was then I was glad I did not accept the offer to wear some of Yokos underwear . The ride back to post was long......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum