Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Every word in the bible is true. Yeah, sure it is.

+5
cool1
VectorMan
Hospital Bob
Joanimaroni
Wordslinger
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:
colaguy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Bob wrote:I don't understand these atheists.  I am totally convinced Jehova created the world.  All you have to do is observe how crazy the world is and it's a no-brainer that it had to be somebody as crazy as Jehova who created it.
I fully believe in him,  I just don't think he deserves to be worshipped.  He'd have to clean up his act first before I would even consider it.

LOL! He also has fallen down on his creation and left it to the dogs.

So, it's God's fault that we have done these things to ourselves?

Come on now? God created human beings ,right? So why did he create beings who commit evil? It's his fault. He can change all of that,right? You people who believe what people have written hundreds of years after Christ died need your heads examined. Fairy tale fables of Noah's Ark and parting the Red Sea? You're no different than the tribes who worship painted heads or India's worship of cows.

God gave individuals the ability to choose......good versus evil.

Joanimaroni wrote:

Every word in the bible is true.  Yeah, sure it is.  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBVJBDfadkqwmtSnrjwlM6DMwCak9MtzMvAfrjtvo2zOKKX1nSvA

Didn't I just post that?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M

Very Happy 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Every word in the bible is true.  Yeah, sure it is.  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBVJBDfadkqwmtSnrjwlM6DMwCak9MtzMvAfrjtvo2zOKKX1nSvA

Didn't I just post that?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy 

Yes as a matter of fact you did....several minutes before me. Sorry.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Didn't I just post that?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy 

Every word in the bible is true.  Yeah, sure it is.  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvHly-Rg10MQyfJX75-g-pRm5Be7_Jj0M014txWRkjIjWSdWw-og

That's alright... The atheists around here still haven't figured me out. I don't think they ever will.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2MgU7PNHgw

Very Happy

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Didn't I just post that?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy 

Every word in the bible is true.  Yeah, sure it is.  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvHly-Rg10MQyfJX75-g-pRm5Be7_Jj0M014txWRkjIjWSdWw-og

That's alright... The atheists around here still haven't figured me out. I don't think they ever will.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy

Shhhhhhh, they are just like the Dems. They think they are always right and everyone else is wrong.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Didn't I just post that?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy 

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy

Shhhhhhh, they are just like the Dems.  They think they are always right and everyone else is wrong.

Every word in the bible is true.  Yeah, sure it is.  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgfKVYZrNrPCWRy_RfT-DNXOZCQV6hbMiU4iYpmnmDebh5qUqd

Well of course! Dems, progressives, liberals, atheists, etc... all hold pretty much the same opinions and beliefs. Hell will freeze over before they figure out what my beliefs about God are for some very obvious reasons.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voqTSufmApY

Very Happy 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

[quote="Damaged Eagle" ]Hell will freeze over before they figure out what my beliefs about God are for some very obvious reasons.

[/quote]

I'm with you when you come up with your own beliefs. Anything's better than what comes from those two books (bible and koran). I'll take the native american religions over those.

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:Hell will freeze over before they figure out what my beliefs about God are for some very obvious reasons.

I'm with you when you come up with your own beliefs.  Anything's better than what comes from those two books (bible and koran).  I'll take the native american religions over those.

Every word in the bible is true.  Yeah, sure it is.  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-YJ8hsSOYDUC5oIY2qX-iyhK6LyxK1re8vqHn1EGgz4y1xgoI

I'm somewhat partial to Native American beliefs myself.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QW_xi-5Gho

Smile 

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

VectorMan wrote:Atheists seem overly preoccupied with Christians. I wonder why.

They never talk bad about Islam or Muslims. Probably fear they'll get their asses kicked or killed.

What do you atheists have to say about the kuran? Careful, alha is watching you.

I'm an atheist -- and from my POV all religions are evil. Of course, depending on the time, and the place, some more than others.

God and Allah can both kiss my ass.

How's that for equality? LOL

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:Hell will freeze over before they figure out what my beliefs about God are for some very obvious reasons.

I'm with you when you come up with your own beliefs.  Anything's better than what comes from those two books (bible and koran).  I'll take the native american religions over those.

Every word in the bible is true.  Yeah, sure it is.  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-YJ8hsSOYDUC5oIY2qX-iyhK6LyxK1re8vqHn1EGgz4y1xgoI

I'm somewhat partial to Native American beliefs myself.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QW_xi-5Gho

Smile 

I must admit, the Native Americans may have it right. I certainly don't disagree with their guidelines!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
colaguy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Bob wrote:I don't understand these atheists.  I am totally convinced Jehova created the world.  All you have to do is observe how crazy the world is and it's a no-brainer that it had to be somebody as crazy as Jehova who created it.
I fully believe in him,  I just don't think he deserves to be worshipped.  He'd have to clean up his act first before I would even consider it.

Come on now? God created human beings ,right? So why did he create beings who commit evil? It's his fault. He can change all of that,right? You people who believe what people have written hundreds of years after Christ died need your heads examined. Fairy tale fables of Noah's Ark and parting the Red Sea? You're no different than the tribes who worship painted heads or India's worship of cows.

Jesus Christ ... we went through that issue last week! Human beings don't need god to know what's right or wrong! And if you believe in the bible, it's perfectly clear there are lots of times when God doesn't know right from wrong!

Sal

Sal

Wordslinger wrote:
VectorMan wrote:Atheists seem overly preoccupied with Christians. I wonder why.

They never talk bad about Islam or Muslims. Probably fear they'll get their asses kicked or killed.

What do you atheists have to say about the kuran? Careful, alha is watching you.

I'm an atheist -- and from my POV all religions are evil.  Of course, depending on the time, and the place, some more than others.

God and Allah can both kiss my ass.

How's that for equality?  LOL

I'm more of an agnostic than an atheist, but I am most certainly anti-religion.

And, Wordslinger is correct, that goes for all religions.

All of them are virulent forms of tribalism with the capacity for enormous evil.

Islam is no exception.

The reason you hear us speak most often of Christianity is because it's by far the most influential religion where we live.

Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
colaguy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Jesus Christ ... we went through that issue last week!  Human beings don't need god to know what's right or wrong!  And if you believe in the bible, it's perfectly clear there are lots of times when God doesn't know right from wrong!

Every word in the bible is true.  Yeah, sure it is.  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfYIgI7ID08SfgGmND_zdllKLO6GXQ8aipUohzqxt7EwlrY8-d

Sign!!!!!..... I've already went through this once but it just doesn't appear to sink in...

What makes you think that your abstract human constructs of good and evil can be applied to God?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9qAqwIW704

Smile

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Sign!!!!!..... I've already went through this once but it just doesn't appear to sink in...

What makes you think that your abstract human constructs of good and evil can be applied to God?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Well, if one believes the Bible to be God's word given to man, God has given guidelines for what is good and what is evil. If one believes the Bible, then possibly one believes God created man/woman. Story after story tells of good and evil's inception and attempt to destroy.

I have no idea what it would feel like to be good or evil if I was born and did not have human influence teaching me (based on what they learned from the Bible) what is good and bad. I suppose if I stuck my finger on a cactus I would say ouch and consider that something I'd want to stay away from. Evil? I don't know if that would be said but pain is experienced and associated with something to stay away from.

Damaged, what is your scale for good and evil?

SheWrites wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Well, if one believes the Bible to be God's word given to man, God has given guidelines for what is good and what is evil.  If one believes the Bible, then possibly one believes God created man/woman.  Story after story tells of good and evil's inception and attempt to destroy.

That's only if one is a strict adherent to the Bible, Koran, Torah, Vedas, Sutras, or some other book of a organized religion.

SheWrites wrote:I have no idea what it would feel like to be good or evil if I was born and did not have human influence teaching me (based on what they learned from the Bible) what is good and bad.  I suppose if I stuck my finger on a cactus I would say ouch and consider that something I'd want to stay away from.  Evil?  I don't know if that would be said but pain is experienced and associated with something to stay away from.

Then obviously the concepts of good and evil are a learned human construct.  

SheWrites wrote:Damaged, what is your scale for good and evil?

Every word in the bible is true.  Yeah, sure it is.  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsOOQfTfd5FI2t-B--stOogKQADvfnLZkbojtXYQGiqaO7Udymvw

How can I give a scale if I don't know what to measure them against?

After all if good and evil are abstract human constructs and those constructs are all relative then any scale will be simply a respective summation unique to the specific individual and will in all probability be meaningless to someone else.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSFU8fYkqDg

Smile

Damaged Eagle wrote:
After all if good and evil are abstract human constructs and those constructs are all relative then any scale will be simply a respective summation unique to the specific individual and will in all probability be meaningless to someone else.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSFU8fYkqDg

Smile

So, are humans inherently good or inherently evil? Does that come one size fits all and then we change or is it inherent that we are good or evil at our base?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:

So, are humans inherently good or inherently evil?  Does that come one size fits all and then we change or is it inherent that we are good or evil at our base?  

Trying to apply the concept "is it good or is it evil" to human nature,  is like trying to apply it to anything in nature.  Nature is neither good nor is it evil,  it just is what it is. And you cannot make a distinction between humans and nature. We're a part of nature just like everything else.

Sumthin fer nothin has become it's own humanist life strategy. It'll work until it doesn't... then what?

There won't be any bureaucracy large enough to sustain a populace that has discarded it's ability to be self sustaining.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The irony is that Jesus of Nazareth,  at least how he's portrayed in the Bible,  was just as much a "humanist" as any humanist I've ever heard of.

Bob wrote:The irony is that Jesus of Nazareth,  at least how he's portrayed in the Bible,  was just as much a "humanist" as any humanist I've ever heard of.

I feel there is nothing wrong with "being like Jesus" and I can say from my observations most "religious" people are nothing like him, Bob.

PkrBum - that's my question. I sum it up as it doesn't matter where the "rules" come from but without any guidance it would be a free for all til death.

So there may be a parable in that... Wink 

SheWrites wrote:
Bob wrote:The irony is that Jesus of Nazareth,  at least how he's portrayed in the Bible,  was just as much a "humanist" as any humanist I've ever heard of.

I feel there is nothing wrong with "being like Jesus" and I can say from my observations most "religious" people are nothing like him, Bob.

PkrBum - that's my question. I sum it up as it doesn't matter where the "rules" come from but without any guidance it would be a free for all til death.

So there may be a parable in that... Wink 

Agreed... I just think the base elements of survival should be left up to an individual's human nature... sink or swim.

Hunger, shelter, productivity... etc. Religion doesn't subvert these things normally... but govts almost always do.

Nature wins... eventually... certainly. But I don't think we as a species have ever been this dependant... and vulnerable.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:

I'm in a discussion in a thread on the politics forum now. Pacedog, who believes himself to be a staunch Christian, as always is taking the side of rich people over poor people and taking the side of hawks over doves.

I often compare my political leanings to my spiritual belief.  I find points where they rub.  Gives good reason to dig deeper and see who/what I truly follow.  And that kind of reasoning scares the bejeebers out of most "religious" folk.

Bob wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

So, are humans inherently good or inherently evil?  Does that come one size fits all and then we change or is it inherent that we are good or evil at our base?  

Trying to apply the concept "is it good or is it evil" to human nature,  is like trying to apply it to anything in nature.  Nature is neither good nor is it evil,  it just is what it is.  And you cannot make a distinction between humans and nature.  We're a part of nature just like everything else.

Balderdash!

It is in the snake's nature is to strike the mouse and eat it. It is in the snail's nature is not to strike the mouse.  Humans have the power to reason - we can kill the mouse to eat it; we can kill our brother-in-law to eat him; we can chose to kill anything we see; we can chose NOT to kill anything. There are different "laws" at work here: the laws of nature are not subject to "morality". If gravity causes a boulder to fall off a cliff and strike a den of baby foxes, it is what it is - no evil going on.  The "laws" of humans, whether you call it morality, or God's laws, are such that there are consequences for our actions. We can purposefully cause the boulder to roll off the cliff onto the den of baby foxes and that is wrong or evil.  We have the POWER to decide to do it or not. If we do it, we cheapen ourselves by breaking the "laws" of humans.

Sorry to go all philosophical... I didnt study religion or philosophy.  It's just what's accumulated in my brain over the years.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

colaguy wrote:
Bob wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

Trying to apply the concept "is it good or is it evil" to human nature,  is like trying to apply it to anything in nature.  Nature is neither good nor is it evil,  it just is what it is.  And you cannot make a distinction between humans and nature.  We're a part of nature just like everything else.

Balderdash!

It is in the snake's nature is to strike the mouse and eat it. It is in the snail's nature is not to strike the mouse.  Humans have the power to reason - we can kill the mouse to eat it; we can kill our brother-in-law to eat him; we can chose to kill anything we see; we can chose NOT to kill anything. There are different "laws" at work here: the laws of nature are not subject to "morality". If gravity causes a boulder to fall off a cliff and strike a den of baby foxes, it is what it is - no evil going on.  The "laws" of humans, whether you call it morality, or God's laws, are such that there are consequences for our actions. We can purposefully cause the boulder to roll off the cliff onto the den of baby foxes and that is wrong or evil.  We have the POWER to decide to do it or not. If we do it, we cheapen ourselves by breaking the "laws" of humans.

Sorry to go all philosophical... I didnt study religion or philosophy.  It's just what's accumulated in my brain over the years.

No it's not balderdash.
And human "morality" is just as much a part of nature as anything else.
You can't separate anything human from nature.  We are part and parcel of nature.  How we behave,  the ideas we conceive,  all of it is part of nature.
Nature is the totality of everything in existence and we are simply a part of all that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum