This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BBQ wings from this past Sunday

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BBQ wings from this past Sunday on 3/6/2014, 10:33 am

Did some wing drummettes over the weekend. Used a random marinade that I found at the grocery store and spiced it up a bit with some hot sauce that I had on hand. Nothing special with the technique. Seared them at first and then lowered the grates down a bit and cooked them at around 325 for the rest of the way. They didn't last long after resting.

2 Re: BBQ wings from this past Sunday on 3/6/2014, 12:27 pm

Nothing added after they were cooked?

View user profile

3 Re: BBQ wings from this past Sunday on 3/6/2014, 12:38 pm

I left them as is since they marinated for roughly an hour. Just dipped them in ranch.

4 Re: BBQ wings from this past Sunday on 3/6/2014, 12:50 pm

I want to try a sauce like this one......

1 cup apricot preserves
1/2 cup your favorite barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon hot sauce

View user profile
I like Viper BBQ sauce, made locally in Fairhope, AL.. http://vipersauce.com/ It's comes in different heats and is carried at the Apple Market and Joe Pattie's..

View user profile
Jake92 wrote:I like Viper BBQ sauce, made locally in Fairhope, AL..  http://vipersauce.com/  It's comes in different heats and is carried at the Apple Market and Joe Pattie's..  

Thanks, I will try it.

View user profile
I like the mild, and cry baby.. I haven't tried the devils butt yet.. LOL
If you like something VERY spicy, try the Atomic Sauce at the Wing Stop in the Walmart area on Mobile Hwy or on Bayou.. I bet you can't eat 4 wings with it..

View user profile
Jake92 wrote:I like the mild, and cry baby..  I haven't tried the devils butt yet..  LOL
If you like something VERY spicy, try the Atomic Sauce at the Wing Stop in the Walmart area on Mobile Hwy or on Bayou..  I bet you can't eat 4 wings with it..

I called in a to-go order there one day and always get the next heat level down from atomic (which isn't hot at all). On this particular date, I ordered the atomic. Once I arrived at the store they told me they hadn't yet applied the sauce and wanted me to try a sample of the atomic first. I ended up passing on the atomic. That stuff is nuts.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum