This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neko

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 18 of 18]

426 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 7:02 pm

Granny4Peace wrote:Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way, Neko.
Love, Granny4Peace

Thank you Granny.

View user profile

427 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 7:05 pm

RottiesRule wrote:ok Neko. Time to rally and get out of that hospital!
Just keep thinking how wonderful being home will feel.
We are all thinking of you and can't wait to see you back to your old self.
Much love and good wishes.
(my puppy is sending hugs and kisses also)

Thanks RR and puppy too!

View user profile

428 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 7:09 pm

2seaoat wrote:I just went through Huntsville and visited with three of my cousins and spouses and they are dealing with frozen pipes.  My one cousin's son is in Jefferson County and works for the water department and he has non stop been turning water off because of flooding and broken water pipes.....she will be much warmer in Jacksonville.

I do miss Huntsville in the spring. It's so pretty there when the new leaves come out. But my heart has always been in Florida...

View user profile

429 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 7:10 pm

BirdyBack wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
I went and read some of her FB page. That is so sad.. From what I gather she had a blot clot from childbirth? Her name sounds so familiar. Is there no hope for her,Birdie?

She had the clot, she had H1N1, she had pneumonia, just a cascade of events that culminated in her passing yesterday.  The baby was taken by Csection and Kendra never even knew.

I'm so sorry, Birdy.

View user profile

430 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 7:11 pm

Granny4Peace wrote:So glad to hear Neko's good news. She has been much on my mind. I have good news of my own. I will be going home next Friday, one week from today. I've got the best Physical Therapists on earth. My sister from California is now here with us and will stay to help out at home until I am back on my feet. I will also have home health support.

Continued prayers for Neko.

Great! I hope you are doing well now.

View user profile

431 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 7:15 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
Group prayer @ 7 pm.  Everyone stop what your doing and pray together or just have a moment of silence in which you think about Neko's recovery.  Thanks.

That is so sweet, FT.   I am so blessed to have all of y'alls kind words, prayers and good wishes.

View user profile

432 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 7:19 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:Excellent news...brought tears to my eyes. Thanks.

I love you I love you 
Thank you Dreams.

View user profile

433 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 7:21 pm

jose balu wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Considering the early reports regarding Neko, the death rate from ARDS combined with the Swine flu.....I believe, even more now,  in the the power of prayer.  
      There is nothing more powerful.

True statement.  Smile

Agree!

View user profile

434 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 7:30 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:Neko...I have been slacking in my duties.

I spoke with her brother Monday evening, I believe.  She still has the trach but it is plugged most of the day. He said Neko is talking and eating some. Her lungs are still healing and she is in a special rehab facility. She can not walk and they will be doing extinsive rehab to get her up and walking. It will be months.

The most important thing is the relief in the voice of her family...they are thrilled with her progress.  I have to say contrary to things that have been said......Neko is well loved by the two brothers that I know and by her husband and children. Her family is special.

Sorry for the delay. It was unavoidable.

I had a mild pneumonia since Thursday a week ago. I saw the doctor on Friday and Monday....and my lungs were not responding to antibiotics and my temps spiked to 103 daily. Wednesday 2/5 I was admitted through the ER and I'm still in the hospital with severe bilateral pneumonia. I'm on 2 hard core IV antibiotics, steroids, anti coagulation drugs, breathing treatments every 4 hours. I was suppose to go home this am but my left lobe is worse and I will be here several more days.

I'm m not a happy camper and yelling at Seaoat is somehow therapeutic.

So glad that you recovered from your pneumonia. You have been such a great friend to me. Blessings to you and your family.

View user profile

435 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 7:51 pm

2seaoat wrote:I can get her worked up........and honestly she is always diligent with her links which she advocates with sincere beliefs grounded in common sense........but I only post this knowing she is not reading the same......when she is back posting I will simply say she is stubborn.......and my guess is that stubborn streak served her well in this recent health crisis.

Me..stubborn?  Wink 

I have never liked fluorescent lights, anyway.....but when I was in the ventilation unit, the lights were on 24/7. My eyes were so bothered that they burned. I still have the awful fluorescent lighting here in rehab but I have some control over them now. But one day at Specialty Hospital (my 2nd hospital) a nurse came into my room, which was I guess a bit dark (but not to me), and she told me that she didn't want me to be "depressed" by sitting in the dark. I told her that if she turned on that fluorescent light above my head--I would be VERY depressed and unhappy!

I was told from the time that I woke up that with hard work, I should have a full recovery. However, there are people who will not get better. Some are here in rehab. I so admire their strength and will to live, against all odds. I am very lucky and very blessed and it would be sinful of me not to realize it.

View user profile

436 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 7:54 pm

Sal wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I can get her worked up........and honestly she is always diligent with her links which she advocates with sincere beliefs grounded in common sense........but I only post this knowing she is not reading the same......when she is back posting I will simply say she is stubborn.......and my guess is that stubborn streak served her well in this recent health crisis.

Nah ....

.... she's just absolutely devoid of original thought and incapable of admitting when she's wrong even when it's been vividly and completely illustrated for her.

There, that oughta get her chompin' at the bit to get back on here.

lol

Mad Mad Mad 
 Smile 

View user profile

437 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 7:58 pm

Nekochan wrote:

Me..stubborn?    Wink 

I have never liked fluorescent lights, anyway.....but when I was in the ventilation unit, the lights were on 24/7.   My eyes were so bothered that they burned.    I still have the awful fluorescent lighting here in rehab but I have some control over them now.    But one day at Specialty Hospital (my 2nd hospital) a nurse came into my room, which was I guess a bit dark (but not to me), and she told me that she didn't want me to be "depressed" by sitting in the dark.   I told her that if she turned on that fluorescent light above my head--I would be VERY depressed and unhappy!    

I was told from the time that I woke up that with hard work, I should have a full recovery.  However, there are people who will not get better.  Some are here in rehab.   I so admire their strength and will to live, against all odds.    I am very lucky and very blessed and it would be sinful of me not to realize it.    

I am glad you are there to add your strength and share in their courage. You have fought a great battle few of us have ever had to fight. God bless and keep you.

View user profile

438 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 9:11 pm

Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:

Nah ....

.... she's just absolutely devoid of original thought and incapable of admitting when she's wrong even when it's been vividly and completely illustrated for her.

There, that oughta get her chompin' at the bit to get back on here.

lol

Mad Mad Mad 
 Smile 

Just tryin' to get your blood boilin', Neko. 

So thankful you're on the road to recovery. 

Keep kickin' ass. 

Wink 

View user profile

439 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 9:41 pm

I am in awe you survived that, Neko. I really thought you were gone considering all the people who didn't survive it. Life will take on new meaning.

440 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 9:44 pm

Keep on recovering, Neko. Keep us posted on your progress.  Very Happy

View user profile http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

441 Re: Neko on 3/27/2014, 9:49 pm

Hey Neko, so glad to see you back on the forum and by the looks of the activity on this thread just this evening you should know how concerned everyone was. Get home as quickly as possible before they kill you . . .  Very Happy 

View user profile

442 Re: Neko on 3/28/2014, 8:58 pm

An eye mask would have been nice.  My dad wanted that and ear plugs when he was in CCU.  

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/647582899/Best-selling-Black-font-b-Eye-b-font-Mask-sleep-mask-Sleeping-font-b-shade-b.jpg

View user profile

443 Re: Neko on 3/29/2014, 10:55 am

BirdyBack wrote:An eye mask would have been nice.  My dad wanted that and ear plugs when he was in CCU.  

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/647582899/Best-selling-Black-font-b-Eye-b-font-Mask-sleep-mask-Sleeping-font-b-shade-b.jpg

I thought about a mask at the time.  But back then I couldn't even lift my hands and so I could not take a mask on and off myself.   And......one of my main ways of communication at the time was through eye contact with the nurses.    So I didn't want my eyes to be covered without having control over placing and removing the mask.   We did try just a folded wash cloth across my eyes and that helped some.

View user profile

444 Re: Neko on 3/29/2014, 4:35 pm

Nekochan wrote:
BirdyBack wrote:An eye mask would have been nice.  My dad wanted that and ear plugs when he was in CCU.  

I thought about a mask at the time.  But back then I couldn't even lift my hands and so I could not take a mask on and off myself.   And......one of my main ways of communication at the time was through eye contact with the nurses.    So I didn't want my eyes to be covered without having control over placing and removing the mask.   We did try just a folded wash cloth across my eyes and that helped some.

It is so hard to imagine everything you went through....and you survived.

View user profile

445 Re: Neko on 3/30/2014, 6:47 am

Glad your back Neko ---all the prayers for you came through , Im sorry you had to fight so much , But your back with us , that's all that matters .  Very Happy 

View user profile

446 Re: Neko on 8/4/2017, 8:31 pm

Still missing your presence. Life goes on and I stay in close contact with your family. You were a well loved lady and admired by many.

Rest in peace my friend.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum