This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neko

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 17 of 18]

401 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 8:36 pm

2seaoat wrote:Flu shots are not near the magic everyone thinks they are,

I think I will listen to the doctors, but only 40% of Americans are getting the flu shot which will go a long way to slow a pandemic, but if anti science superstition continues to reinforce the idea that a flu shot carries more risk than benefit, more Americans will be at risk.   The flu is very serious.  I lost my great grandfather who was a healthy 40 year old in the flu epidemic.  I also think people are skeptical of prayer, but Neko is in my prayers.  Unlike the certainty of science, some may criticize prayer.......but I want to cover my bases and I want Neko back here telling me I am wrong.   The guy upstairs needs to know how important she is to all of us.

That's very sweet, Seaoat. I know you've been very weak recently and everyone here is worried about you. My thoughts and prayers are with you as well.

About the flu shot. It's interesting that after I posted earlier this afternoon I spoke to another patient here (I'm still in rehab). He had a flu shot, ended up with the flu and with Guillain-Barré, which has damaged his nerves. He "woke up" much the same as I did, only he was even worse--he couldn't move (I couldn't move when I first woke up) but he also couldn't feel anything from his chest down. He's better now and able to move his arms. He's hoping to be able to walk again. I am lucky in that I have no apparent nerve damage, but my muscles pretty much went to sleep during my illness. So I'm having to rebuild my energy and muscles.

So as to the flu shot---I guess you just have to weigh the pros and cons. I can see both sides, especially after meeting someone that the shot seriously injured.

One point that Seaoat has made numerous times over the years on the forums is to not sweat the small stuff. He is right! If you can get up in the morning, go to the bathroom and pee on your own, get dressed on your own, and make yourself a cup of coffee--then count your blessings! I will never again take good health and supportive family and friends for granted. And yes, I still very much believe in the power of prayer.

View user profile

402 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 8:39 pm

Yella wrote:She is one of my favorite members. A nice lady. We are all thinking of her.

Thank you, Yella.

View user profile

403 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 8:40 pm

Ghost Rider wrote:Thoughts, prayers and well wishes go out from my family to Neko and hers. Get well soon, you are dearly missed her at the forum.

@Joani; What causes this condition that Neko has?

Thank you, Ghost.

View user profile

404 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 8:43 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:Thoughts, prayers and well wishes go out from my family to Neko and hers. Get well soon, you are dearly missed her at the forum.

@Joani; What causes this condition that Neko has?

Bilateral pneumonia and the swine flu.  The infection most likely damaged her lungs.

I do have some scarring on my left lung. The docs aren't sure whether I already had it but I told them that I've never had any lung or breathing issues until this flu. But my breathing is good now. Docs are very happy with how well my lungs have recovered.

View user profile

405 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 8:45 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:I am so sorry to hear this news! I have been offline since yesterday.

Thank you, PBull. Hope you are doing well!

View user profile

406 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 8:52 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:This is very distressing. I don't know much about the swine flu. How do you get it? Did she have a flu shot and does that help w/ swine flu?

I do not know how I got the flu. I told Joanie, by pm, that I was very sick. I didn't know what was wrong, only that I felt like hell. She said--Go to the doctor! So I listened to her and went. Really, I give Joani much credit for being alive today because without her response I might have not gone to the doc or I might have waited too late. Initially, the doc sent me home with antibiotics. Two days later I had not improved and so I went back to the doc who immediately sent me to ER. Funny thing is---well, actually not so funny, but strange----is that I did not even realize that I wasn't breathing well. So I have learned that you can have breathing issues and not even realize it. At least that was the case with me.

View user profile

407 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 8:55 pm

Dot wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Think I'll go by the CDC's estimates

read it and try to understand in your super human status that probabilities do apply to us mere mortals who need flu shots.  Please do not contribute to misinformation.  People need to get their flu shots.  It really is life or death.  

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/us_flu-related_deaths.htm

im actually a super human

You wont meet many

don't get me wrong ill die too some day

but Im actually a alien from another planet

I am from the planet "SEXY"

a galaxy far far away from here.

many feel the pull from my planet, some, they don't even know its there

I have only been given "one" gift to bring here from my planet. It is the gist of "erotic touch"

I am able to do it through the mind and watch out when I do it physically.

Most mortals buy into trickery, of course I don't.  Wink 

Oh, yes--you ARE Chrissy!

View user profile

408 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 9:02 pm

VectorMan wrote:I'm so sorry to hear about Neko's health problems. She, her family and friends are all in my prayers.

Godspeed in getting well soon.

Joani, thanks for keeping us updated as best you can.

Thank you Vector. All these posts are making me misty eyed.

View user profile

409 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 9:04 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:My prayers are working! I know it. God wants me bad.

I knew you'd come around!  Very Happy 

View user profile

410 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 9:07 pm

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Get better soon Neko.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkSIwaUaNc

Smile 

Thank you, DE.

View user profile

411 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 9:08 pm

Welcome back Neko.

*****SMILE*****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VsifANR96s

Smile 

412 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 9:09 pm

2seaoat wrote:Thanks for keeping us informed Joanie.  My friend Denny passed away this morning and I got a call from my wife.  The H1N1 is deadly.   He went within two days of being in the hospital, so I am encouraged that Neko is fighting a good fight.  This has been a really bad day with my daughter and wife pretty much freaked out and probably letting some built up steam off with this loss.  There are no guarantees in life and no guarantees that prayer will just be judged by volume or commitment.  Some things we simply cannot figure out.  I am taking a positive attitude and look forward to sharing my stories of their father, and my infamous going into the stands to hand him the whistle.  I sat for six years getting bleacher butt watching our kids, and he never missed a chance to embarrass his daughters......that is what dads are for......each day Neko is fighting, I am getting a much more positive attitude, and pray that I can simply get her pissed off at me.....for most of next year.

I'm so sorry, Seaoat. Still reading over the posts on this thread and I am hoping your son is well.

View user profile

413 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 9:15 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:Ugh, can't get her off my mind.  Isn't her daughter a junior in college now?
She must be going through hell.

My daughter graduated last year--time flies!
This has been so hard on my family. My daughter lost weight over that first month that I was sick. My son, with thick, dark hair, started going gray. My poor husband thought he was going to lose me. My two brothers drove here from Pensacola to see me, once I was awake.

View user profile

414 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 9:17 pm

Sal wrote:Well, this is certainly not the kind of thread I hoped to find upon my return to the forum.

Best wishes and positive vibes to Neko.

Feel better soon.

Thank you, Sal.

View user profile

415 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 9:19 pm

Bluebonnet wrote:Hope the news was better today and that her family is taking some solace in knowing she won't remember the worst of this.

Thank you, Bluebonnet.

View user profile

416 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 9:20 pm

Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Please offer your prayers or good thoughts for Neko. When I talked to her before Christmas she had bilateral pneumonia. She is now in critical condition with ARDS. They want to transport her to Shands but she is not stable.

I wish her a fast a full recovery.  How's she doing -- update?

Thank you, Wordslinger. Y'all are just so sweet.

View user profile

417 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 9:21 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Will pray more...

Thanks, Pacedog. It worked!

View user profile

418 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 9:23 pm

Glad to see you're back!

View user profile

419 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 9:28 pm

Dot wrote:I hate to ask on here, but I am. does she have other issue other than the flu?  I just don't understand why a tracheostomy.

anyway, hoping all goes well for her. still have her in my prayers and have faith she can beat this.

I jut remembered her husband is in the military. I hope they haven't been at NAS hospital. I hate that place. Had my first daughter there, they tried to kill me. I don't like orange park hospital either.

hope she goes to Mayo, Baptist or shands, St V isn't that bad, but memorial sucks in jax too. just a little history about those hospitals in the area as FYI

Hubby is a retired reservist. We don't now have access to military hospitals. But I had my first baby in a Navy hospital---I told hubby--Never again! But when my son broke his femur while we were living in Japan, the AF hospital there took great care of him.

Actually, OP Hospital saved my life. I guess I got very lucky. Prayers didn't hurt either. But I will say that the nurses at Specialty Hospital, once I was better, told me that when I first transferred from OP Hospital, I was in bad shape. They wouldn't let the paramedics leave right away because they thought they'd have to take me back to OP.

View user profile

420 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 9:32 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
Hang in there, Neko.  You're going to be fine.  

Thank you, FT.

View user profile

421 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 10:20 pm

Nekochan wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:Ugh, can't get her off my mind.  Isn't her daughter a junior in college now?

This has been so hard on my family.   My daughter lost weight over that first month that I was sick.  My son, with thick, dark hair, started going gray.  My poor husband thought he was going to lose me.  My two brothers drove here from Pensacola to see me, once I was awake.    

Your brothers are wonderful. I spoke with your husband while you were still unconscious, he was so upset. Your daughter posted updates, and your brothers kept me informed. Any time they had an update I was called. I enjoyed my conversations with the brothers....I think the long conversations ( 1 ¹/² - 2 hours) helped both of us. Early on there was a tremendous amount of fear regarding your condition.

View user profile

422 Re: Neko on 3/24/2014, 10:21 pm

Nekochan wrote:
Dot wrote:I hate to ask on here, but I am. does she have other issue other than the flu?  I just don't understand why a tracheostomy.

anyway, hoping all goes well for her. still have her in my prayers and have faith she can beat this.

I jut remembered her husband is in the military. I hope they haven't been at NAS hospital. I hate that place. Had my first daughter there, they tried to kill me. I don't like orange park hospital either.

hope she goes to Mayo, Baptist or shands, St V isn't that bad, but memorial sucks in jax too. just a little history about those hospitals in the area as FYI

Hubby is a retired reservist.  We don't now have access to military hospitals.  But I had my first baby in a Navy hospital---I told hubby--Never again!   But when my son broke his femur while we were living in Japan, the AF hospital there took great care of him.  

Actually, OP Hospital saved my life.   I guess I got very lucky.   Prayers didn't hurt either.  But I will say that the nurses at Specialty Hospital, once I was better, told me that when I first transferred from OP Hospital, I was in bad shape.   They wouldn't let the paramedics leave right away because they thought they'd have to take me back to OP.

well, we are all just glad you are still with us. hope you get your strength up more and more each day.

I had to chuckle about navy hospital. I guess thy burned me during that delivery. whew! they made me get on all fours to try to deliver my 1st daughter. talk about a nightmare. I cussed em out screaming from unbelievable pain and they told me to shut up I was scaring the other patients LOL so we share a thing in common with that hospital. im sure its probably ok for everything. and that was almost 30 years ago.

As far as OP, I had a good friend who had a surgery there and did well. I had forgotten bout that. My gf's mother had a bad deal there. You know how those things go. One bad experience and to hell with them all.

I wanted to go and see you when you were in the hospital, I was in jax for a funeral. Its best that I didn't though I suppose, going through something like that is very personal and usually its best to have your loved ones close. I know at least I am that way. but im a hermit, not sure if you are that way.

Just glad your ok. Its fun watching you go through this thread. In one thread I am sure you can tell we are all still just the way we have always been LOL

Have a good night girly

Smile 

423 Re: Neko on 3/25/2014, 8:51 am

Nekochan wrote:

This has been so hard on my family.   My daughter lost weight over that first month that I was sick.  My son, with thick, dark hair, started going gray.  My poor husband thought he was going to lose me.  My two brothers drove here from Pensacola to see me, once I was awake.    

Time does fly and you really, really were missed and thought of often.

You must be a nice person my husbands always gained weight and partied when they thought of losing me!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing 

So happy it all worked out! Are you going to celebrate Christmas now???

View user profile

424 Re: Neko on 3/25/2014, 9:59 am

Welcome back Neko. It is such a pleasure seeing your name in the posting column again. Hope you get to feeling better.

View user profile

425 Re: Neko on 3/26/2014, 7:13 pm

Yay, you're back! I am so glad to see you are able to post for yourself. Your family and Joani did a wonderful job of keeping us all updated on your progress. What an ordeal!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum