Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neko

+19
Wordslinger
Bluebonnet
Sal
VectorMan
PBulldog2
Ghost Rider
Yella
nadalfan
dumpcare
stormwatch89
cool1
knothead
RottiesRule
QueenOfHearts
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
Markle
TEOTWAWKI
Joanimaroni
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 18]

201Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/10/2014, 12:27 am

2seaoat

I just went through Huntsville and visited with three of my cousins and spouses and they are dealing with frozen pipes. My one cousin's son is in Jefferson County and works for the water department and he has non stop been turning water off because of flooding and broken water pipes.....she will be much warmer in Jacksonville.

202Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/10/2014, 1:29 am

Joanimaroni wrote:Neko's brother called me tonight.....he said Neko is doing better. Because of the trach, she is not able to talk but she is alert and she can communicate non verbally. He said they expect her to be hospitalized for several more weeks.

I feel better now.

As do we all. Thank you again for the ongoing updates. The good news is especially welcome today.

203Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/10/2014, 10:01 am

knothead

knothead

Your latest update is encouraging and let me join other forum members in saying a heartfelt thank you joani for keeping us all informed. I know you will continue to do so.

204Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/10/2014, 11:27 am

BirdyBack wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:"Sorry I've been out of touch - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  She's still in ICU, doing well with the trache and started physical therapy today. She is trying very hard to speak to us but it's very frustrating for her. Thank you so much for the wonderful , continued prayers and words"

Wonderful news!  I am most encouraged by the beginning of physical therapy.  Somebody commented to Granny4Peace that they always thought of the therapist as a "physical terrorist."  Anyone who has been in PT can relate to that, lol!

Neko is strong and determined.  That will serve her well in the days and weeks to come.  

She and her family will remain in my prayers.

Joani, thank you for your expression of sympathy. Kendra is still alive, but we are all just waiting for God to take her.

I went and read some of her FB page. That is so sad.. From what I gather she had a blot clot from childbirth? Her name sounds so familiar. Is there no hope for her,Birdie?

205Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/10/2014, 11:29 am

Yes, indeed good news! I am glad to hear it. Thanks Joani.

206Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/10/2014, 11:37 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Ditto!

207Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/10/2014, 2:28 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
I went and read some of her FB page. That is so sad.. From what I gather she had a blot clot from childbirth? Her name sounds so familiar. Is there no hope for her,Birdie?

She had the clot, she had H1N1, she had pneumonia, just a cascade of events that culminated in her passing yesterday. The baby was taken by Csection and Kendra never even knew.

208Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/10/2014, 4:20 pm

Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

So glad to hear Neko's good news. She has been much on my mind. I have good news of my own. I will be going home next Friday, one week from today. I've got the best Physical Therapists on earth. My sister from California is now here with us and will stay to help out at home until I am back on my feet. I will also have home health support.

Continued prayers for Neko.

209Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/10/2014, 5:03 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Great news on Neko & from Granny. And Birdy, I'm so sorry.

210Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/10/2014, 6:11 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

[quote="2seaoat"]I feel better now.

I am glad you are feeling better.  You have been a dear friend to her, and nothing I like better than getting you both worked up to get Seaoat.......I live for Neko to get back and be well so she can join you in our usual tag team matches......I will sleep much easier, but I also am realistic that until she is out of the hospital there is still significant risk of secondary infection......but if she had her way she would probably leave yesterday.[/quote

This thread is not about you.

211Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/10/2014, 8:26 pm

2seaoat

sigh

212Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/11/2014, 6:18 pm

Granny4Peace wrote:So glad to hear Neko's good news. She has been much on my mind. I have good news of my own. I will be going home next Friday, one week from today. I've got the best Physical Therapists on earth. My sister from California is now here with us and will stay to help out at home until I am back on my feet. I will also have home health support.

Continued prayers for Neko.
I'm glad you're doing better, G.

213Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/11/2014, 6:49 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I feel better now.

I am glad you are feeling better.  You have been a dear friend to her, and nothing I like better than getting you both worked up to get Seaoat.......I live for Neko to get back and be well so she can join you in our usual tag team matches......I will sleep much easier, but I also am realistic that until she is out of the hospital there is still significant risk of secondary infection......but if she had her way she would probably leave yesterday.[/quote

Am I missing something here? Your response makes no sense to me.

214Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/11/2014, 9:30 pm

2seaoat

Am I missing something here? Your response makes no sense to me.

It makes sense to me......I caught her in a ploy and she is upset with me more than usual, but I am glad Neko is doing better and each day we can pray for 100% recovery.

215Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/11/2014, 9:36 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

New Update from her Daughter today,

"Much more alert now. Nurses are trying to do breathing trials where she can start breathing on her own. Will be several days until she can move to Specialty Hospital in Jacksonville. She mouths words to us and I'm the one who can understand her best. Must be a mommy daughter thing. Thank you for the prayers."

cheers Neko is a member of this forum and another forum...As a member said, "Neko has touched the lives of many many people."

Neko's extended family is from all over the world....and they are all praying for her along with the members here. I would like to express my sincere appreciation to everyone here for their love, kind words, and prayers for our friend...Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Love you all.

Joani.

216Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/11/2014, 9:44 pm

Whew... so glad to hear this. Ata girl Neko..!!

217Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/11/2014, 9:49 pm

cool1

cool1

Joanimaroni wrote:New Update from her Daughter today,

"Much more alert now. Nurses are trying to do breathing trials where she can start breathing on her own. Will be several days until she can move to Specialty Hospital in Jacksonville. She mouths words to us and I'm the one who can understand her best. Must be a mommy daughter thing. Thank you for the prayers."

cheers Neko is a member of this forum and another forum...As a member said, "Neko has touched the lives of many many people."

Neko's extended family is from all over the world....and they are all praying for her along with the members here. I would like to express my sincere appreciation to everyone here for their love, kind words, and prayers for our friend...Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Love you all.

Joani.

Oh man great news doing lil better --Neko is such a good person -she touched my life and I love her for it I cant wait till she gets over this  Very Happy 

218Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/11/2014, 11:43 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Looks to me like she is fighting her way back. Good news!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

219Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/12/2014, 12:23 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Doing my daily "Neko" check!

I am so glad to hear she is doing better. Won't it be great when she is well enough to see this thread? I think it may be the longest thread in PDF history.  sunny 

Go, NEKO!  cheers 

220Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/16/2014, 8:04 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hot off the update line::

My mom is at Specialty Hospital in Jacksonville, FL now. Their goal for her is to wean her off the trache in 2-3 weeks along with physical and occupational therapy each day to help her become stronger. She is alert but sad she has to spent the next few weeks there but she is stronger everyday. Keep the prayers up- my mommy is so loved.

She's still fighting, that's good news!

Sounds great to me....continuing to pray for Neko.

221Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/16/2014, 8:38 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:Hot off the update line::

My mom is at Specialty Hospital in Jacksonville, FL now. Their goal for her is to wean her off the trache in 2-3 weeks along with physical and occupational therapy each day to help her become stronger. She is alert but sad she has to spent the next few weeks there but she is stronger everyday. Keep the prayers up- my mommy is so loved.

She's still fighting, that's good news!

Sounds great to me....continuing to pray for Neko.

Thanks for the update Joanie. Good to see progress and good to see our prayers for Neko answered.

222Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/16/2014, 8:43 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Group prayer @ 7 pm. Everyone stop what your doing and pray together or just have a moment of silence in which you think about Neko's recovery. Thanks.

223Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/16/2014, 8:45 pm

Great... sure glad she's getting stronger.

224Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/16/2014, 8:49 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

FT, will do. Please include Granny4peace.

225Neko - Page 9 Empty Re: Neko 1/16/2014, 9:01 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
Group prayer @ 7 pm.  Everyone stop what your doing and pray together or just have a moment of silence in which you think about Neko's recovery.  Thanks.

I participated (prayed).

Edited: Said one for Granny too....Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum