Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mosque at ground zero promotes peace

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Supporters, Opponents of Ground Zero Mosque Hold Dueling Rallies

Published August 22, 2010
| Associated Press
Print Email Share Comments (168) Text Size

Aug. 22: Hundreds of protesters on both sides of a controversy over a proposed mosque near Ground Zero rally in lower Manhattan (Fox News).
NEW YORK -- Hundreds of people on both sides of a controversy over a proposed mosque near ground zero rallied near the site to make their feelings known.

A crowd of demonstrators against the project stood behind police barricades three blocks from the World Trade Center site and around the corner from where the mosque and cultural center would be.

And they want to start the project on the 10th anniversity. thats right. 9/11 2011

I don't get the problem w/ the Mosque? It's three blocks away.

dreams wrote:I don't get the problem w/ the Mosque? It's three blocks away.

I'm sure you dont.

dreams wrote:I don't get the problem w/ the Mosque? It's three blocks away.

I don't either, to me it is just another case of mass media hysteria.

Every thing is just mass media hysteria LOL

Simple fact is, this mosque represents a symbol. A symbol this country isnt ready to take.

If nothing else this whole thing represents how many, the majority are fed up with political correctness.

As much as many people dont like having Christianity shoved down thier throats, I dont think they like having islam shoved down thier throats.

This isnt a islamic country and this country and islam do not mix.

This mosque is only bringing hurt. But it is doing one thing good. It is bringing together the people of this country against it from all parties. It shows just how un politically correct we still are as a nation. I think thats great. Because PC kills.

Chrissy8 wrote:Every thing is just mass media hysteria LOL

Simple fact is, this mosque represents a symbol. A symbol this country isnt ready to take.

If nothing else this whole thing represents how many, the majority are fed up with political correctness.

As much as many people dont like having Christianity shoved down thier throats, I dont think they like having islam shoved down thier throats.

This mosque is only bringing hurt. But it is doing one thing good. It is bringing together the people of this country against it from all parties. It shows just how un politically correct we still are as a nation. I think thats great. Because PC kills.

Sure it is divisive, but that is only because the media has made it so. If you don't care for it then don't go to it. It is like being a Catholic and having a Baptist church directly across the street. Since you are Catholic, then don't attend the Baptist church. This country is big enough for any religion to coexist here. I don't see people yelling and screaming about Buddhist or Shinto temples that are within our boundaries.

RetiredAF wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:Every thing is just mass media hysteria LOL

Sure it is divisive, but that is only because the media has made it so. If you don't care for it then don't go to it. It is like being a Catholic and having a Baptist church directly across the street. Since you are Catholic, then don't attend the Baptist church. This country is big enough for any religion to coexist here. I don't see people yelling and screaming about Buddhist or Shinto temples that are within our boundaries.

I think they are purposly doing it s a symbol though see RF

If there were enough people to support a mosque that size they wouldnt need to get funds from out of the country.

They see how much devision it is causing, if they really wanted to show good will. They would accept the land offered to them to put the center somewhere else. That would create good will right there.

People are tired of hearing islam this and islam that. This country rejects it for the most part. It doesnt fit our type of society or constitution. Simple as that.

Chrissy8 wrote:

I think they are purposly doing it s a symbol though see RF

If there were enough people to support a mosque that size they wouldnt need to get funds from out of the country.

They see how much devision it is causing, if they really wanted to show good will. They would accept the land offered to them to put the center somewhere else. That would create good will right there.

People are tired of hearing islam this and islam that. This country rejects it for the most part. It doesnt fit our type of society or constitution. Simple as that.

Chrissy I do not believe it to be as simple as you claim. If it were simple people would not be having such a fuss over it.
You can say that Islam does not fit into our type of society and constitution. Facts surrounding Islam dispute. Islam is one of the fastest-growing religions in the U.S. By the year 2010, America's Muslim population is expected to surpass the Jewish population, making Islam the country's second-largest faith after Christianity. As for as our constitution is concerned, it fully supports Islam as it does all other religions such as Shinto and Buddhism. People are free to choose the religion of their choice based on our constitution.

People for the most part are afraid of something that they do not understand.

catfriedlegs

It does bother me that they are building this new masjid so close to the WTC location. But, I also have to remember that there is already at least one masjid close by.
And also that there is freedom of religion.

However, this is a reminder of the terrorist attacks of 9/11. I cannot imagine how I would feel if I had lost a loved one on 9/11 and lived in NY and have to deal with this. I don't know how I would react to it.

Here's a scenario - The UAE builds the Burj Khalifa, a gigantic building in Dubai. The U.S. doesn't like it and decides to bomb it and destroy it. Muslims are killed and traumatized by the action of the U.S. Then, a few years later, the U.S. decides to build a church close to the site were the Burj Khalifa once stood. How would Muslims feel then?

Hard to put ourselves in others' shoes. But sometimes we need to do it.

I look at it from a constitutional standpoint only, nothing else. If all zoning laws are met then there is no problem as far as I am concerned. If someone wanted to build something offensive right next door to my house, I would probably not like it, however constitutionally if all zoning laws were met I would have to learn to live with it, which I would.

"People are tired of hearing islam this and islam that. This country rejects it for the most part. It doesnt fit our type of society or constitution. Simple as that." Chrissy

How's that for an ignorant and uninformed statement? Chrissy needs to move to Santa Rosa County where she'll be amongst her peers.
Our type of society is that which recognizes and respects all types of religions. Did you not know that, Chrissy? I guess not as you think that's our type of constitution.LOL!!! I won't call you a dumbass though as deep down you already know that.

RetiredAF wrote:I look at it from a constitutional standpoint only, nothing else. If all zoning laws are met then there is no problem as far as I am concerned. If someone wanted to build something offensive right next door to my house, I would probably not like it, however constitutionally if all zoning laws were met I would have to learn to live with it, which I would.

You know that SOUNDS all high and mighty of you to take a "constitutional" stand on this.

That seems to be the EASY way out of a difficult situation here.

No one was talking about whether or not it was LEGAL see.

Just because they CAN build it there, does NOT make it right.

I guess just because it fits the constitution means you have no thoughts about it? odd

I'm finding more and more that PC was designed specifically to remove individualism

dreams wrote:"People are tired of hearing islam this and islam that. This country rejects it for the most part. It doesnt fit our type of society or constitution. Simple as that." Chrissy

How's that for an ignorant and uninformed statement? Chrissy needs to move to Santa Rosa County where she'll be amongst her peers.
Our type of society is that which recognizes and respects all types of religions. Did you not know that, Chrissy? I guess not as you think that's our type of constitution.LOL!!! I won't call you a dumbass though as deep down you already know that.

Why is it ignorant? Is it as ignorant to you when the sentence is put like this?

People are tired of hearing Christianity this and Christianity that. This country rejects it for the most part. It doesnt fit our type of society or constitution. Simple as that

Chrissy8 wrote:

You know that SOUNDS all high and mighty of you to take a "constitutional" stand on this.

I guess just because it fits the constitution means you have no thoughts about it? odd

I'm finding more and more that PC was designed specifically to remove individualism

This has absolutely nothing to do with individualism and everything to do with your property as you see fit. If I own a piece of prime real estate I would certainly want to do with it what I wanted within the proper zoning laws. Oh yes I have thoughts on it and my thoughts are they should build it right there at Park 51 where they already own that property and all zoning requirements have been met. Chrissy you need to let go of the notion that we are at war with Islam and get it through your thick head that we are at war with terrorists and that our constitution welcomes Islam as it does every other religion and non religions as well.

You seem to be very patriotic on some issues and rip other issues apart. You cannot pick certain pieces of the constitution to fit you agenda.

RetiredAF wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:

This has absolutely nothing to do with individualism and everything to do with your property as you see fit. If I own a piece of prime real estate I would certainly want to do with it what I wanted within the proper zoning laws. Oh yes I have thoughts on it and my thoughts are they should build it right there at Park 51 where they already own that property and all zoning requirements have been met. Chrissy you need to let go of the notion that we are at war with Islam and get it through your thick head that we are at war with terrorists and that our constitution welcomes Islam as it does every other religion and non religions as well.

You seem to be very patriotic on some issues and rip other issues apart. You cannot pick certain pieces of the constitution to fit you agenda.

We ARE at war with islam.

My head is no thicker than anyone elses I can assure you of that.

You got some radical islamist who want to take over the world and install sharia law , and they use bombs. You got others who have the same goal but a different tactics such as money, politics and using our own rights against us.

You go to pretty much ANY islamic website and they will tell you too. That thier goal is to install islamic law. Its no secret.

I state this truth and all the evidence is right in our faces. And it is no more bigotry than saying Christians want to take over the world.

Chrissy8 wrote:

You got some radical islamist who want to take over the world and install sharia law , and they use bombs. You got others who have the same goal but a different tactics such as money, politics and using our own rights against us.

You go to pretty much ANY islamic website and they will tell you too. That thier goal is to install islamic law. Its no secret.

I state this truth and all the evidence is right in our faces. And it is no more bigotry than saying Christians want to take over the world.

For the umpteenth time, we are NOT AT WAR with Islam, we are at war with terrorist. That is the very reason I say you are thick skulled, you just cannot seem to get that into you mind.

RetiredAF wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:

For the umpteenth time, we are NOT AT WAR with Islam, we are at war with terrorist. That is the very reason I say you are thick skulled, you just cannot seem to get that into you mind.

You beleive what you want and I will beleive what I want.

Even the imam who is behind this mosque in NY wants to install islamic law here in the USA.

Like I said. Not all muslims are terrorist and use bombs, but all muslims do want to install islamic law every where. It is their goal.

I'm not saying this to be a butt head. Its just a fact.

Chrissy8 wrote:

Even the imam who is behind this mosque in NY wants to install islamic law here in the USA.

Like I said. Not all muslims are terrorist and use bombs, but all muslims do want to install islamic law every where. It is their goal.

And you know this as fact how? I have never heard him say he wants to install Islamic law here in the US. As a matter of fact just the opposite. If you care to there is a link posted at PNJ with this iman speaking in his own words. I cannot remember what thread it is in, but it was posted this morning. But you will be pessimistic just like a few others over at PNJ and spin his words to suit your own agenda, just like Fox News and all the rest.

RetiredAF wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:

And you know this as fact how? I have never heard him say he wants to install Islamic law here in the US. As a matter of fact just the opposite. If you care to there is a link posted at PNJ with this iman speaking in his own words. I cannot remember what thread it is in, but it was posted this morning. But you will be pessimistic just like a few others over at PNJ and spin his words to suit your own agenda, just like Fox News and all the rest.

he wrote a book on it.

Listen

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4206151/hannity-special-report?playlist_id=87937

Now in a book published back in 2004, "What Is Right With Islam," Feisal Abdul Rauf, he wrote of his fondness for Sharia Law and his belief that the U.S. can accommodate it. He argued, quote, that "the American political structure is Sharia compliant,"

He also has never denounced the terrorist. He said that america had more blood on our hands than al quada.

catfriedlegs

Chrissy8 wrote:
RetiredAF wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:

I don't think all Muslims want Shari'a law here. I know some Muslims who don't have a problem with our laws at all. They still believe in following Islam and do follow it, but they like it here and respect the laws.

Azadeh wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:
RetiredAF wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:

I don't think all Muslims want Shari'a law here. I know some Muslims who don't have a problem with our laws at all. They still believe in following Islam and do follow it, but they like it here and respect the laws.

yeah, i am sure there are a minority who feel that way. but you do know that it is what the imam teach about the whole world under islmaic law.

Chrissy8 wrote:

he wrote a book on it.

Listen

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4206151/hannity-special-report?playlist_id=87937

Now in a book published back in 2004, "What Is Right With Islam," Feisal Abdul Rauf, he wrote of his fondness for Sharia Law and his belief that the U.S. can accommodate it. He argued, quote, that "the American political structure is Sharia compliant,"

He also has never denounced the terrorist. He said that america had more blood on our hands than al quada.

Therein lies your problem, you are taking Sean Hannity as gospel.

OK, so he also had this quote from the very same book you quoted.

“The truth is that killing innocent people is always wrong — and no argument or excuse, no matter how deeply believed, can ever make it right. No religion on earth condones the killing of innocent people, no faith tradition tolerates the random killing of our brothers and sisters on this earth. ... Islamic law is clearly against terrorism, against any kind of deliberate killing of civilians or similar ‘collateral damage.’ ”

And also this one.

“Terrorism is usually defined by the acting party’s intent to harm innocent people. If a suicide bomber intentionally takes the lives of innocent people, he is obviously guilty of terrorism. By contrast, if the United States and its coalition forces drop bombs on the wrong buildings in Baghdad (or any other city) and the bombs kill hundreds or thousands of innocent people, including many women and children, we define this as collateral damage, not terrorism."

And this is a statement he made to Ed Bradley on CBS' 60 Minutes:

"Fanaticism and terrorism have no place in Islam. That’s — that’s just as absurd as associating Hitler with Christianity or — or David Koresh with Christianity. There are always people who will — who will do peculiar things and think that they are doing things in the name of their religion. But — but the Koran — you know, God says in the Koran that they think that they’re doing right, but they’re doing wrong."

I'm not taking anyone as the gospel. I dont do that contrary to popular belief.

All I have to do is look around the world and I can see what is taking place.

I dont have time to spoon feed you this morning but take the time to look around in the world news on several different sites. Expand your news sites from the common and go to local news sites from other countries. You will see who is in your face wanting sharia law, wanting hala meats, wanting mosque in unusual places, whos bombing and killing because of it, whos buying up everything. The list goes on and on.

It's sad when the obvious is right in front of people and they refuse to see it because they dont want to beleive it because its not politically correct to beleive it out of fear they will be labeled.

I got to run. Big day today, busy.

Seriously. look around the world at whats going on.

Chrissy8 wrote:I'm not taking anyone as the gospel. I dont do that contrary to popular belief.

I dont have time to spoon feed you this morning but take the time to look around in the world news on several different sites. Expand your news sites from the common and go to local news sites from other countries. You will see who is in your face wanting sharia law, wanting hala meats, wanting mosque in unusual places, whos bombing and killing because of it, whos buying up everything. The list goes on and on.

It's sad when the obvious is right in front of people and they refuse to see it because they dont want to beleive it because its not politically correct to beleive it out of fear they will be labeled.

First off you ain't got what it takes to spoon feed me as if I needed spoon feeding anyway which I absolutely don't.

Secondly, you are running around with blinders on and if you don't think that Faux News is gospel, then you are mighty close to it. It is so the gospel to you that you will not even consider any other source that is contradictory to what they say. I will also see or hear articles on Faux News, but I also research others sources to get to the bottom of the story. Yes I do use both sides of the fence news sources not just the left or the right. At least I'm not wearing blinders and seeing only the right side and nothing from the left.

We have beat this horse to death. You are not going to change my mind and I am not going to change yours, however I refuse to live my life in fear and to see everything and everyone as the bad guy. So go ahead with your little right wing, scared of the dark paranoia. I'm done!

RetiredAF wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:I'm not taking anyone as the gospel. I dont do that contrary to popular belief.

First off you ain't got what it takes to spoon feed me as if I needed spoon feeding anyway which I absolutely don't.

Secondly, you are running around with blinders on and if you don't think that Faux News is gospel, then you are mighty close to it. It is so the gospel to you that you will not even consider any other source that is contradictory to what they say. I will also see or hear articles on Faux News, but I also research others sources to get to the bottom of the story. Yes I do use both sides of the fence news sources not just the left or the right. At least I'm not wearing blinders and seeing only the right side and nothing from the left.

We have beat this horse to death. You are not going to change my mind and I am not going to change yours, however I refuse to live my life in fear and to see everything and everyone as the bad guy. So go ahead with your little right wing, scared of the dark paranoia. I'm done!

Apparently you do need to be spoon fed.

If you havnt figured out that I'm not a right winger by now, you are sorely lacking like most Ive met in these parts LOL

I dont live my life in fear just because I know whats going on.

I'm very aware that everyone wants to rule the world.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum