Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fundraiser for motorcycle accident victim

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Who remembers seeing this story on WEAR?

lhttp://www.weartv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/pensacola-motorcycle-accident-sends-one-hospital-37427.shtml

There has been no followup story.  The injured biker is Kirk Wallace, a friend of a friend.  He was on his way to work and apparently the truck pulled out in front of him.  His friends and coworkers have organized a fundraising event to help with medical expenses.  Kirk's wife has not worked since the accident.  She has been at the hospital all day every day with him.

Kirk is out of the coma, has had one surgery and needs 2 more.  His doctors hope to move him from SICU soon.  He has a long road ahead of him but he is making a little progress every day.  I plan to attend and/or donate money for the family.  I hope some of you will do the same.

Fundraiser for motorcycle accident victim Fundra11

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bump.

I'm really sorry bb... I feel terrible for the young man and his family. It's such a difficult time. Keep us posted please.

Kirk will have surgery Monday on his right leg & foot.  He has made great progress, moving from ICU to Progressive Care to a regular room.  He is beginning to feed himself.  He has memory issues that his wife hopes will get better with time.  The plan is for him to have at least 2 more surgeries.

His wife said that last week alone there were 5 more motorcycle accident victims admitted to the hospital. Every time I hear of an accident, I think "that could be my husband."  

We're all looking forward to this fundraiser.  Maybe I can even get my husband to dance with me since it's for a good cause!

Fundraiser for motorcycle accident victim Motorc10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum