Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This thread has now been renamed The EVERYTHING WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT POTENTIAL CHANGES IN MEDICARE THREAD

+6
Markle
Floridatexan
VectorMan
Sal
othershoe1030
Hospital Bob
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Markle

Markle

reaper1948 wrote:
Markle wrote:
reaper1948 wrote:
Markle wrote:
reaper1948 wrote:Yes, why would he want to kill Medicare Advantage? This is not in the ACHA.

Please see the chart from President Barack Hussein Obama's Chief Medical Adviser, Er. Emanuel. That answers the question.

So where does it say he's going to get rid of Medicare on the AHCA? I googled his name, it doesn't even come up. Er Emanuel comes up as a hospital. The following come's up under Medicare for AHCA and nothing wrong with it:
Effective 2015
Medicare creates a physician payment program aimed at rewarding quality of care rather than volume of services.

Now if you're a fan of the voucher Ryan plan this is what you need to consider: If a person 45 yrs old now get a voucher at age 65 for $15,000 a year to take care of his/her medical needs it will never be enough actuarially to pay healthcare costs when that person turns 65.

I am no longer surprised to learn how little Progressives know about the subjects they claim they are so concerned about.

1. Doesn't say he is getting rid of Medicare with ObamaCare, although, as you know, ObamaCare does slash $716 BILLION from Medicare. Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel's plan simply provides little or no care to citizens the younger they are or the older they are.

2. The Ryan plan does not give "vouchers". But that's neither here nor there. What is offered, IF PEOPLE WANT, is the same subsidized choice of approved plans as is available to government employees in Washington.

3. IF ObamaCare's solution is to reward quality of care, instead of volume of care. Why are they planning on slashing the reimbursement to doctors and hospitals?

4. Here is information about Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel. For some reason, he does not seek out the limelight.

Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, brother of Rahm Emanuel and Obama’s Health Policy Adviser, announced a new “Complete Lives System” for selecting which sections of the population should be killed, in his article “Principles for Allocation of Scarce Medical Interventions.”.

“Such an approach accepts a two-tiered health system-some citizens will receive only basic services while others will receive both basic and some discretionary health services… Substantively, it suggests services that promote the continuation of the polity-those that ensure healthy future generations, ensure development of practical reasoning skills, and ensure full and active participation by citizens in public deliberations-are to be socially guaranteed as basic. Conversely, services provided to individuals who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens are not basic and should not be guaranteed. An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia.”

Read more at:
http://rightsoup.com/rahms-brother-dr-ezekiel-emanuel-the-death-czar/

5. Without major changes, how will there be anything left for that hypothetical 45 year old you mentioned?

Where will this money come from? Please don't say the "RICH", they don't have anywhere NEAR this much money.

Current Debt . . . $15.3+ TRILLION Plus the $1.3 TRILLION proposed by President Barack Hussein Obama for 2013. (No budget approved)

Unfunded Liabilities (money we have PROMISED, do not have, nor do we have it coming in)

Social Security. . . . $15.4 TRILLION (10,000 Baby Boomers RETIRE EVERY DAY) (How many workers are entering the job market daily?)

Prescription Drugs .$20.4 TRILLION

Medicare. . . . . . . . $81.0 TRILLION

Total Unfunded Liabilities $116.8 TRILLION!

Number of Households in 2010 = 112,611,029

Unfunded Liability Per household $1,037,198.00

PLUS ObamaCare and Untold TRILLIONS more in TAXES

Since far left radical House Speaker Nancy Pelosi took office in January 1, 2007 our debt has increased by $6+ TRILLION.

FIVE+ TRILLION since President Barack Hussein Obama took office. With Obama promise of ANOTHER $1.3 TRILLION DEBT FOR 2013.

Why do Progressives DEMAND a far lower standard of living for our children and their children? What makes you so superior, so selfish that you think you deserve far more of what they will earn?

Saddling our children and their children with this massive debt is immoral, indefensible and, as we have seen, the Progressives here don’t even try.

A fixed amount of money given to one person is a VOUCHER. I think you better read is bill being introduced. If you want to saddle your kids and grandkids with this then you sir are the one that is selfish. The amount given in his bill was a VOUCHER of around $15,000, if your health insurance past 65 was less they would reimburse you pay the difference, if it is more then you will pay for it. Well since the average premium for a decent health plan today for a person age 64 is around $650.00 per month can you imagine when the first wave of seniors under what he proposed turns 65 in 10-12 years will have to pay extra over and above the VOUCHER? Insurance companies will have to come with similar under 65 products and price the plans. This is what will get rid of Medicare Advantage plans.

Your Medicare Advantage plan right now cost's the government approximately $10,000 a year in premiums. This what not an Obama plan.

I'm watching Ryan right now scaring the seniors at the villages saying Obama wants to get rid of Medicare Advantage plans and that is not the truth. He does want to cut a little off the premium the government is currently paying for you to the insurance companies.

It was fist introduced by Clinton and greatly expanded under Bush's Medicare act of 2003, that is why you have prescription drug coverage and Obama is closing your donut hole under obamacare so you won't have to pay so much.

By the way you assume I am an Obama fan, well you know what they say about people who assume. I am not a fan of his and was 100% behind Romney, until he picked Ryan who really has only introduced 2 bills in all his years in congress, never had a real job except congress and also lied about requesting stimulus money under Obama. But who knows I still may vote for Romney. At least Ryan will be out of congress and really with less power.

The republicans better start pushing the economy. They're focusing too much on Medicare and if they stay this course will lose the younger voters.

Oh btw Ryan just wrapped up the villages and his proposal for Medicare has changed a tad. They said he took the word VOUCHER out. You know all these politicians are full of shit. One more thing most of the republican congress does not seem to be a fan of his Medicare plan.

President Barack Hussein Obama's ObamaCare will slash $716 BILLION from Medicare. How does that NOT affect payments for Medicare Advantage, reimbursement for doctors and hospitals?

How does that help seniors?

Like all President Barack Hussein Obama other broken promises, he is blowing smoke. Knowing his base will swallow any amount of Kool Aid to keep the train of handouts coming.

Markle wrote:
reaper1948 wrote:
Markle wrote:
reaper1948 wrote:
Markle wrote:
reaper1948 wrote:Yes, why would he want to kill Medicare Advantage? This is not in the ACHA.

Please see the chart from President Barack Hussein Obama's Chief Medical Adviser, Er. Emanuel. That answers the question.

So where does it say he's going to get rid of Medicare on the AHCA? I googled his name, it doesn't even come up. Er Emanuel comes up as a hospital. The following come's up under Medicare for AHCA and nothing wrong with it:
Effective 2015
Medicare creates a physician payment program aimed at rewarding quality of care rather than volume of services.

Now if you're a fan of the voucher Ryan plan this is what you need to consider: If a person 45 yrs old now get a voucher at age 65 for $15,000 a year to take care of his/her medical needs it will never be enough actuarially to pay healthcare costs when that person turns 65.

I am no longer surprised to learn how little Progressives know about the subjects they claim they are so concerned about.

1. Doesn't say he is getting rid of Medicare with ObamaCare, although, as you know, ObamaCare does slash $716 BILLION from Medicare. Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel's plan simply provides little or no care to citizens the younger they are or the older they are.

2. The Ryan plan does not give "vouchers". But that's neither here nor there. What is offered, IF PEOPLE WANT, is the same subsidized choice of approved plans as is available to government employees in Washington.

3. IF ObamaCare's solution is to reward quality of care, instead of volume of care. Why are they planning on slashing the reimbursement to doctors and hospitals?

4. Here is information about Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel. For some reason, he does not seek out the limelight.

Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, brother of Rahm Emanuel and Obama’s Health Policy Adviser, announced a new “Complete Lives System” for selecting which sections of the population should be killed, in his article “Principles for Allocation of Scarce Medical Interventions.”.

“Such an approach accepts a two-tiered health system-some citizens will receive only basic services while others will receive both basic and some discretionary health services… Substantively, it suggests services that promote the continuation of the polity-those that ensure healthy future generations, ensure development of practical reasoning skills, and ensure full and active participation by citizens in public deliberations-are to be socially guaranteed as basic. Conversely, services provided to individuals who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens are not basic and should not be guaranteed. An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia.”

Read more at:
http://rightsoup.com/rahms-brother-dr-ezekiel-emanuel-the-death-czar/

5. Without major changes, how will there be anything left for that hypothetical 45 year old you mentioned?

Where will this money come from? Please don't say the "RICH", they don't have anywhere NEAR this much money.

Current Debt . . . $15.3+ TRILLION Plus the $1.3 TRILLION proposed by President Barack Hussein Obama for 2013. (No budget approved)

Unfunded Liabilities (money we have PROMISED, do not have, nor do we have it coming in)

Social Security. . . . $15.4 TRILLION (10,000 Baby Boomers RETIRE EVERY DAY) (How many workers are entering the job market daily?)

Since far left radical House Speaker Nancy Pelosi took office in January 1, 2007 our debt has increased by $6+ TRILLION.

FIVE+ TRILLION since President Barack Hussein Obama took office. With Obama promise of ANOTHER $1.3 TRILLION DEBT FOR 2013.

Why do Progressives DEMAND a far lower standard of living for our children and their children? What makes you so superior, so selfish that you think you deserve far more of what they will earn?

Saddling our children and their children with this massive debt is immoral, indefensible and, as we have seen, the Progressives here don’t even try.

A fixed amount of money given to one person is a VOUCHER. I think you better read is bill being introduced. If you want to saddle your kids and grandkids with this then you sir are the one that is selfish. The amount given in his bill was a VOUCHER of around $15,000, if your health insurance past 65 was less they would reimburse you pay the difference, if it is more then you will pay for it. Well since the average premium for a decent health plan today for a person age 64 is around $650.00 per month can you imagine when the first wave of seniors under what he proposed turns 65 in 10-12 years will have to pay extra over and above the VOUCHER? Insurance companies will have to come with similar under 65 products and price the plans. This is what will get rid of Medicare Advantage plans.

Your Medicare Advantage plan right now cost's the government approximately $10,000 a year in premiums. This what not an Obama plan.

I'm watching Ryan right now scaring the seniors at the villages saying Obama wants to get rid of Medicare Advantage plans and that is not the truth. He does want to cut a little off the premium the government is currently paying for you to the insurance companies.

It was fist introduced by Clinton and greatly expanded under Bush's Medicare act of 2003, that is why you have prescription drug coverage and Obama is closing your donut hole under obamacare so you won't have to pay so much.

By the way you assume I am an Obama fan, well you know what they say about people who assume. I am not a fan of his and was 100% behind Romney, until he picked Ryan who really has only introduced 2 bills in all his years in congress, never had a real job except congress and also lied about requesting stimulus money under Obama. But who knows I still may vote for Romney. At least Ryan will be out of congress and really with less power.

The republicans better start pushing the economy. They're focusing too much on Medicare and if they stay this course will lose the younger voters.

Oh btw Ryan just wrapped up the villages and his proposal for Medicare has changed a tad. They said he took the word VOUCHER out. You know all these politicians are full of shit. One more thing most of the republican congress does not seem to be a fan of his Medicare plan.

President Barack Hussein Obama's ObamaCare will slash $716 BILLION from Medicare. How does that NOT affect payments for Medicare Advantage, reimbursement for doctors and hospitals?

How does that help seniors?

Like all President Barack Hussein Obama other broken promises, he is blowing smoke. Knowing his base will swallow any amount of Kool Aid to keep the train of handouts coming.

Do you see anywhere that I said the cuts would not affect Medicare Advantage, doctors and hospitals? Do you think Medicare Advantage is a handout? I remember you saying either on here or the old pnj forums you have one. Whether you want to call what the government is doing now and paying your Med Advantage premium or take the other route and have money given to you to purchase anything an insurance company offers down the road that is a handout. I have said somewhere in these forums that if the money the insurance company receives to take care of your health with Med Advantage is reduced then your copays and max out of pockets would go up. So what I'm reading when I read your posts is you are for your handouts but no one else. That is someone who can't see the forest from the trees. I bet you have GOP tatooed on your ass. If you read the article on yahoo you might realize Medicare is not in that bad of shape and both sides of these politicians (doesn't matter which side) is blowing smoke up your ass. Only with your side the GOP you smile every time you receive that puff of smoke. No one except the pugs have said Medicare Advantage is going away. Every year since it's inception it says in your Annual Notice of Change that the contract may change from year to year or go away.

You know I used to be a republican until most of you changed my mind in the past two years on the old pnj forums. I said if the repugs have such people that have blinders on and can't see both sides then I don't want to be one any longer and changed to NPA. I already said I was not an Obama fan and especially not Biden and I like Romney, but Ryan is another matter.

In the long run and scheme of things I imagine both parties will never get rid of Medicare Advantage or something similar in it's place, although it has cost Medicare 13% than President Bush's original plan. I know you can't see that side or may have heard it, but said that ain't so the GOP wouldn't see me out. Guess what Bubba Markle both parties will sell your ass out.

53This thread has now been renamed The EVERYTHING WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT POTENTIAL CHANGES IN MEDICARE THREAD - Page 3 Empty Ryan 8/18/2012, 9:12 pm

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/ryan-puts-personal-spin-medicare-debate-164119605.html

Markle

Markle

reaper1948 wrote:Do you see anywhere that I said the cuts would not affect Medicare Advantage, doctors and hospitals? Do you think Medicare Advantage is a handout? I remember you saying either on here or the old pnj forums you have one. Whether you want to call what the government is doing now and paying your Med Advantage premium or take the other route and have money given to you to purchase anything an insurance company offers down the road that is a handout. I have said somewhere in these forums that if the money the insurance company receives to take care of your health with Med Advantage is reduced then your copays and max out of pockets would go up. So what I'm reading when I read your posts is you are for your handouts but no one else. That is someone who can't see the forest from the trees. I bet you have GOP tatooed on your ass. If you read the article on yahoo you might realize Medicare is not in that bad of shape and both sides of these politicians (doesn't matter which side) is blowing smoke up your ass. Only with your side the GOP you smile every time you receive that puff of smoke. No one except the pugs have said Medicare Advantage is going away. Every year since it's inception it says in your Annual Notice of Change that the contract may change from year to year or go away.

You know I used to be a republican until most of you changed my mind in the past two years on the old pnj forums. I said if the repugs have such people that have blinders on and can't see both sides then I don't want to be one any longer and changed to NPA. I already said I was not an Obama fan and especially not Biden and I like Romney, but Ryan is another matter.

In the long run and scheme of things I imagine both parties will never get rid of Medicare Advantage or something similar in it's place, although it has cost Medicare 13% than President Bush's original plan. I know you can't see that side or may have heard it, but said that ain't so the GOP wouldn't see me out. Guess what Bubba Markle both parties will sell your ass out.

The Medicare patient PAYS the difference for Medicare Advantage. I have also paid into Medicare since day one.

Once again, since you and the other Progressives are so eager to avoid any sort of fiscal responsibility. PLEASE try again and explain how this is possible.

Current Debt . . . $15.6 TRILLION Plus the $1.3 TRILLION proposed by President Barack Hussein Obama for 2013. (No budget approved)

Saddling our children and their children with this massive debt is immoral, indefensible and, as we have seen, the lefties here don’t even try.

Shame on you!

Slicef18

Slicef18

When is the last time Republicans did anything to enhance or improve healthcare for the working American? I'm not looking for snide remarks or sound-bites, I'm looking for meat and potatoes real benefits. Thanks.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

reaper,

To understand markel, you have to understand this. In markle's mind, anyone who does not blindly accept everything sean hannity and rush limbaugh say, is a lib, a commie, a socialist, a government lover, a progressive, a muslim lover and automatically a "barack hussein obama" worshipper.
In markle's mind, either you accept everything about the limbaugh/hannity view of the world, or you're no different from anyone who does not. For markle, there is nothing in between those two ways to be.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob wrote:reaper,

To understand markel, you have to understand this. In markle's mind, anyone who does not blindly accept everything sean hannity and rush limbaugh say, is a lib, a commie, a socialist, a government lover, a progressive, a muslim lover and automatically a "barack hussein obama" worshipper.
In markle's mind, either you accept everything about the limbaugh/hannity view of the world, or you're no different from anyone who does not. For markle, there is nothing in between those two ways to be.
That's a good and accurate assessment of Markle's mind set.

It is the same mind set displayed by many tea party folks. It makes it difficult if not impossible to actually discuss facts or negotiate compromises since they often have their own facts skewed from sources such as Rush and therefore can't even begin to consider any alternative views.

It is this sort of thinking that has the Republicans voting against bills they once supported just because the bill is supported by Democrats.

Now if that's not counter-productive and a real example of cutting off your nose to spite your face I don't know what is.

That's a pity to think like that. I'm watching faux news and Chris Wallace, I can almost see both sides of this subject and didn't realize that if AHCA was not passed that Medicare would have run out by 2016, but the healthcare law at least extends it to 2024. Now Mr Markle can disagree but the two republicans on this panel did not, Bill Kristol and Karl Rove. But of course they're not Hannity or Rush.

Markle

Markle

reaper1948 wrote:

That's a pity to think like that. I'm watching faux news and Chris Wallace, I can almost see both sides of this subject and didn't realize that if AHCA was not passed that Medicare would have run out by 2016, but the healthcare law at least extends it to 2024. Now Mr Markle can disagree but the two republicans on this panel did not, Bill Kristol and Karl Rove. But of course they're not Hannity or Rush.

Then you learned too that ObamaCare "extends" Medicare by taking $716 BILLION from Medicare Advantage and other programs. How does that help our seniors? Somehow you neglected to mention that detail from the show.

Wasn't one of President Barack Hussein Obama's promises that if people liked the doctor they had, they could keep them? Another lie....

Slicef18

Slicef18

Markle wrote:
reaper1948 wrote:

Then you learned too that ObamaCare "extends" Medicare by taking $716 BILLION from Medicare Advantage and other programs. How does that help our seniors? Somehow you neglected to mention that detail from the show.

Wasn't one of President Barack Hussein Obama's promises that if people liked the doctor they had, they could keep them? Another lie....

I noticed you gave no instance (not one) where (as asked) Republicans have ever initiated or submitted any legislation that improved the healthcare of Americans. Instead you attacked Obama and Obamacare. That is old threadbare rhetoric we've heard over and over. The history of Republicans never offering legislation to improve healthcare of Americans tells us what they will do to our healthcare if they get in the Whitehouse.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Slicef18 wrote:

I noticed you gave no instance (not one) where (as asked) Republicans have ever initiated or submitted any legislation that improved the healthcare of Americans. Instead you attacked Obama and Obamacare. That is old threadbare rhetoric we've heard over and over. The history of Republicans never offering legislation to improve healthcare of Americans tells us what they will do to our healthcare if they get in the Whitehouse.

After badgering Markle about this very subject for about two years, he finally did respond. The outline he gave was one presented by the owner of Whole Foods. It's not legislation, nor is it partisan, but it is a thoughtful response to the health care challenges we have today. I can't recall the owner's name, nor can I find it on the web.

The outline had some pretty good ideas in it. Others were not so good. It was definitely good fodder for discussion. Perhaps Markle will re-post it.

EDIT: John Mackey. That's the owner's name. I'll see if I can find the outline now.

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 8/20/2012, 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Here is the article Mackey wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204251404574342170072865070.html

As I said, I don't agree with all of his points. In particular, and perhaps most important, I do consider health care a human right. Otherwise, Mackey has some good ideas about transparency, cost and tort reform. It's an interesting read.

Markle wrote:
reaper1948 wrote:

Yes, I did mention some of it come's from Medicare Advanteage in the form of premium reduction the govt pays the insurance co for you. Hell the insurance companies have been reaping billions from the Med Advantage program.

Under obamacare under 65 you probably can keep your doctor but he did lie about you can keep your plan if you like it. Most will not be able to keep their plan if they like it.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

reaper1948 wrote:

Do you see anywhere that I said the cuts would not affect Medicare Advantage, doctors and hospitals? Do you think Medicare Advantage is a handout? I remember you saying either on here or the old pnj forums you have one. Whether you want to call what the government is doing now and paying your Med Advantage premium or take the other route and have money given to you to purchase anything an insurance company offers down the road that is a handout. I have said somewhere in these forums that if the money the insurance company receives to take care of your health with Med Advantage is reduced then your copays and max out of pockets would go up. So what I'm reading when I read your posts is you are for your handouts but no one else. That is someone who can't see the forest from the trees. I bet you have GOP tatooed on your ass. If you read the article on yahoo you might realize Medicare is not in that bad of shape and both sides of these politicians (doesn't matter which side) is blowing smoke up your ass. Only with your side the GOP you smile every time you receive that puff of smoke. No one except the pugs have said Medicare Advantage is going away. Every year since it's inception it says in your Annual Notice of Change that the contract may change from year to year or go away.

Twisted Evil

Slicef18

Slicef18

Let's try this one more time.
When is the last time Republicans did anything to enhance or improve healthcare for the working American? I'm not looking for snide remarks or sound-bites, I'm looking for meat and potatoes real benefits. Thanks.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Slicef18 wrote:Let's try this one more time.

Dead silence. That's all you'll get.

Please excuse me for offering an article that I considered worthy of discussion.

although they weren't working... the pubs expanded medicare and prescription coverage. it was actually nixon that first proposed socialized healthcare... and romney exersiced the state right to mandate healthcare... which incidentally has been called the obamacare blueprint.

Slicef18

Slicef18

—Families USA, No Bargain: Medicare Drug Plans Deliver High Prices

Congressman Billy Tauzin, R-La., who steered the bill through the House, retired soon after and took a $2 million a year job as president of Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), the main industry lobbying group.
Medicare boss Thomas Scully, who threatened to fire Medicare Chief Actuary Richard Foster if he reported how much the bill would actually cost, was negotiating for a new job as a pharmaceutical lobbyist as the bill was working through Congress.
A total of 14 congressional aides quit their jobs to work for the drug and medical lobbies immediately after the bill's passage.
Additionally the Republican bill disallowed any Medicare negotiation of drug prices.

Slicef18

Slicef18

[quote="PkrBum"]

Lets be truthful here, Universal health care and national health insurance were first proposed by U.S President Theodore Roosevelt. President Franklin D. Roosevelt later championed it, as did Harry S. Truman as part of his Fair Deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum